Quake 4 v1.04 Patch
QUAKE 4(tm) 184.108.40.206 Update README
Last updated 11-09-2005
Please note that in-game console commands are not supported by Activision(r).
This update for QUAKE 4 addresses issues found in both multiplayer and single
player since the release of the game. A complete list of changes and additions
is included below. For future updates and more information about the game,
please visit the official game website at http://www.quake4game.com
If you require additional QUAKE 4 technical support, please see the help system
that is included with the game, or visit the official game website at
NOTES FOR MOD USERS:
It is recommended that any user modifications that have been installed to the
QUAKE 4 directory be removed before installing this update. These modifications
are not supported by Activision and may not be compatible with some of the new
features that are included in the patch.
FIXES & UPDATES IN 220.127.116.11:
- Copied map files can now be overwritten/deleted without quitting first.
- The console command "com_allowconsole" will stay set after leaving the game.
- Improved Game Browser sorting and filtering:
You can sort by up to three criteria, which will be displayed just under the
server list, with the more recently clicked criteria sorting first. For
example, to sort by ping time, then number of players, then gametype, click
them in the reverse order:
Click "GAMETYPE," then "PLAYERS," then "PING." The server list will be sorted
by the fastest ping, then the servers with the fewest players, then the
Clicking a category more than once will keep its position as the primary
sorting criteria, but will change the sorting order.
After cycling through all available sort types, clicking the category a final
time will remove it from the sorting. Each criteria has specific behavior with
one or two clicks, as listed:
Favorite Server: Display only favorites, or only non-favorites.
Password Enabled: Display only locked server, or only unlocked servers.
Dedicated Server: Display only Dedicated servers, or only Listen servers.
Punkbuster Enabled: Display only PB-enabled servers, or only PB-disabled
Server Name: Sort server names A to Z, or Z to A.
Ping: Sort by ping Low to High, or High to Low.
Players: Sort by Players High to Low, High to Low (non-full),
Low to High, or Low to High (non-empty).
Gametype: Sort by Deathmatch, Team DM, Tournament, CTF, or Arena CTF.
Map: Sort by map CTF1 to DM9, or DM9 to CTF1.
- The Game Browser now displays more than 1000 servers.
- Fixed a problem with the refresh time on the Game Browser.
- Added a Game Browser filter for full or empty servers.
- Players can now connect to a server while the Game Browser is refreshing.
- Game Browser sorting will display the correct server information without the
need to refresh the list.
- Clicking anywhere on the scrollbar except the button itself will advance a
page up or down instead of shifting to that position.
- Non-full server sorting now disregards full servers.
- Game Browser hover window updates when sort order is changed.
- Fixed a Game Browser slowdown issue with high numbers of servers.
- Added Game Browser server list scrolling with the mousewheel, keyboard arrows
up/down, and keyboard Page Up/Page Down.
- The Game Browser hover window will only appear when mousing over a
- Sorting by server name will now ignore colored names, brackets, etc.
- The dedicated server window will now be titled with the si_name setting
instead of "Quake 4".
Quake 4 (TM) GNU/Linux
A licensed copy of Quake 4 (TM) retail for Windows(r) is required. You will
copy the assets files from it and use the CD key.
PLEASE NOTE: The Linux version of Quake 4 (TM) is NOT supported by Activision
The following files must be copied from the install CDs  to your q4base/
directory ( md5 sums provided as reference ):
If you copy them before running the installer you will need to create the
paths, by default /usr/local/games/quake4/q4base
If you copy after running the installer, make sure not to replace any paks the
installer might have provided.
Note: the Linux installer will reinstall the game*.pk4.
Note: the German version of the game uses a completely different set of assets.
See the FAQ ( URL below ) for details.
Start the game with the command: quake4
Start the dedicated server with the command: quake4-dedicated
For troubleshooting and help, see:
Minimum system requirements:
- GNU/Linux system
- Pentium(r) 4 2.0 GHz or Athlon(tm) XP 2000+ processor
- 512MB RAM
- Kernel 2.4, 2.6 is recommended
- glibc >= 2.2.4
3D acceleration ( not required for dedicated server ):
- SDL >= 1.2 
- latest OpenGL drivers, correctly configured
- ATI(r) Radeon(r) 9700
- ATI Radeon 9800
- ATI Radeon X300 series
- ATI Radeon X550 series
- ATI Radeon X600 series
- ATI Radeon X700 series
- ATI Radeon X800 series
- ATI Radeon X850 series
- Nvidia(r) GeForce(TM) 3/Ti series
- Nvidia GeForce 4/Ti series
- Nvidia GeForce FX series
- Nvidia GeForce 6 series
- Nvidia GeForce 7 series
Audio ( not required for dedicated server ):
- sound card with OSS or Alsa support, stereo and surround sound are supported
with both APIs
Alsa >= 1.0.6 is required
- Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported
- Internet play requires broadband connection
 - note that if you have the DVD release, all the files are in the same
directory. Otherwise they are spread out on each CDs. For the DVD edition, the
files are in Setup/Data/q4base
 - http://www.libsdl.org/
|Yhteensä 1 arvostelua.|