Vista / Win2k / Win7 / Win98 / WinME / WinXP
The menu provides allowing hotkey shredding files, file hashes to be generated, and complementing several OTFE (On-The-Fly Encryption) systems by providing rapid access to their most used day-to-day functions, making them considerably easier to use.
The utility also incorporates self-destruct facilities for sensitive material, triggerable by hotkey, easily-built serial connector or secure Internet connection.
- Support for several On-The-Fly Encryption (OTFE) systems:
- OTFE support allows user definable programs to be executed on mount/dismount
- Removes BestCrypt's inability to use BestCrypt volume files stored within subdirectories
- Can compute the MD2, MD4, MD5, SHA, SHA-1, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512, RIPEMD-128, RIPEMD-160, RIPEMD-256, RIPEMD-320, Tiger and GOST R 34.11-94 hash digests of any file (can optionally be configured as a shell extension)
- Sits in the tasktray for convenience
- Rapid use of security features by rightclicking a tasktray icon
- Can be used on it's own for hotkey destruction of sensitive files, or used in conjunction with ScramDisk
- Fast access to the most used OTFE functions such as mounting/dismounting volumes and viewing volume info
- Ability to mount volumes (including ScramDisk volumes) as read-only
- Details of encrypted volume files mounted
- Hotkey dismounting of encrypted volumes
- File shredder (Gutmann or pseudorandom passes)
- Ability to shred free space (including slack) on your HDD (Gutmann or pseudorandom passes)
- "Self-destruct" functionality:
- Ability to destroy sensitive files and/or any encrypted volumes mounted upon pressing a user defined hotkey ("self-destruct"!)
- Ability to destroy sensitive files and/or any encrypted volumes mounted upon activation of a trigger switch connected to a serial port
- Ability to destroy sensitive files and/or any encrypted volumes mounted upon receiving a connection via the internet that is authenticated correctly
- Ability to delete registry entries automatically
- On "self-destruct", the system clock is changed for security reasons
- When used under NT, SecureTrayUtil has the capability of enabling NT's pagefile overwrite-on shutdown facility (see Microsoft knowledgebase article Q182086: How to Clear the Windows NT Paging File at Shutdown)
- Keyboard dialog to allow users to enter their passwords by clicking onscreen letters with a mouse instead of using the keyboard (ScramDisk support only; this functionality is available as Delphi Component that can be downloaded with the source code)
- Runs under MS Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP
- Source code freely available for download
- Does not make any entries in the registry (unless specifically requested to). Configuration is held in an easily destroyed ".ini" file
- Ability to "touch" user selected files date/timestamps on startup/exit/regular intervals
- Search for encrypted volume files functionality
- ...And more!
1Lisenssi- ja käyttöjärjestelmä(t)-kohtien tiedot koskevat ohjelman uusinta versiota.