Prey v1.1 Patch
Prey retail patch
- Multiplayer bandwidth optimization to allow better play on higher latency
- Fixed projectile effects not showing up on dedicated servers
- Fixed crash at startup due to time/date validation on some systems
- Fixed crash at startup due to querying old OpenAL drivers
- Fixed an occasional crash on the dedicated server
- Fixed a crash when using image_usecache cvar with very big textures. Textures
whose lowest mip map doesn't fit will be default texture. This was causing a
crash when a modified prey was loading "Mother's Embrace".
- Fixed a crash on some machines when reading savegames.
- Some timedemo features not appearing if you restart prey between
- Added widescreen resolutions to menus
- Updated multiplayer browser to fix servers not showing up due to DNS
- Updated multiplayer browser not keeping join button up to date when server
summary wasn't the active tab.
- Updated multiplayer browser so punkbuster icons show up in their column
- Updated multiplayer browser so mod games' icons show up properly updated
multiplayer browser so server scanning is more consistent on slower
- Fixed multiplayer weapon exploit
- Bumped network protocol version. Unpatched games will not be able to play
online with patched games.
This is a tech/bug fix patch, there are no new game play elements in this
update (nor are there any planned for the future). Please note that the
previously announced "new content" (maps, multiplayer skins) is not part of
this update, and will be made available at a later date.
Customers who have purchased Prey through Triton should NOT use this patch.
Triton customers will be updated through the Triton system. You will be
notified that an update is available when you run the game, and will be asked
at that time to update; Triton will handle the rest.
Please note that the dedicated server files will also need to be updated if you
are using them. The Windows based version of the files are included with this
patch. The Linux based server files will be available from Icculus seperately.
The existing ones that were released in mid July are for v1.0 of the game. The
v1.1 patch requires updated server files.