World in Conflict v1.002 UK Patch
World in Conflict Update
This is the second update for World in Conflict, primarily adding new functionality for server administration, updates to Massgate and fixes to various performance and stability issues.
- Several new Admin Commands have been added to give Server Admins increased control. For details on each of the individual commands and how to use them, read here.
- A time delay of 20 seconds has been added between Assault rounds.
- Clan officers can now invite other players to the clan, as well as kick Grunts.
- A successful map vote will now change the map instantly.
- Two new permanent chat rooms have been added to Massgate for clan war and few player mode matters.
- Players should now get an in-game notification when receiving an "Instant Message".
Units and balancing:
- The cost for the "Heavy Air Support" Tactical Aid has been reduced from 30/50/70 to 25/45/65.
- Score from repairing your own non-repair units has been reduced by 50%.
- Fixed a crash that could occur directly after map load (on systems not supporting Pixel Shader 2.0). Was released on the forums as a Hotfix.
- Fixed crashes that could occur on localized versions (languages other than English).
- "Solo VOIP" (to specific player(s)) checkbox now stays enabled when exiting score sheet.
- Players who experience occasional freezes/lockups can now try to append "-stabilityfactor 10" (without the quotes) to the target path of the WIC shortcut. It can also be toggled in the console (in-game) by typing StabilityFactor 10. The number 10 can be decreased or increased if users want to experiment (StabilityFactor 0 turns the feature off).
- The game now defaults to full Field-of-View for Widescreen resolutions (such as 16:9). The widescreen Field-of-View from Update 1 can be used by appending "-widescreenscale" (without the quotes) to the target path of the WIC shortcut.
- Entering the Mega-Map no longer resets changes to the camera settings.
- Better feedback to players that are moved to the other team as a result of "Team Auto-Balance".
- Players should no longer experience disconnects when selecting a role that has already reached its cap.
- Players should no longer experience disconnects when buying more units than they had credits for. This could occur if a player “resupplied” and then ordered more troops before the server had responded.
- Players should no longer experience disconnects when ordering more Tactical Aid weapons than they could afford. This could happen if a player ordered two different Tactical Aid weapons before the server responded.
- Added Dynamic Lag Margin, activated by appending "-lagmargin" (without the quotes) to the target path of the WIC shortcut. This increases the lag margin to a maximum of 0.45 at packet loss / variation in ping.
- Updated the NATO heavy helicopter texture.
[Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at Oct 24, 2007 08:17 by [MSV]Mir.]