Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg v1.07 German Patch
SAVE GAME COMPATIBILITY NOTICE
Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg v1.07 is NOT compatible with older save games from ANY previous version of the game. If you wish to play multiplayer with someone else, make sure that they have upgraded their game to version 1.07.
NOTE ABOUT CUSTOM CAMPAIGNS AND GAME MODS
Prior to installing this patch over your current files, use the Export Data feature to save all of your existing data for a custom campaign(s). We suggest you also zip up all of your custom files just in case so you can go back to them if necessary and rename your custom campaign as campaign_old. You should also rename your templates directory to templates_old so you can check for changes.
Once you've followed the steps above apply the patch and then do the following:
1) Open a new campaign using File->New
2) Set the new campaign map size to match the map size of your previous pre patch campaign.
3) Select File->Import and select the folder for the campaign in which you would like to import data files from. If you do not have the correct map size the Editor will inform you and you can then repeat step 2)
4) At this point, select Save and select the name of the older campaign you wish to update. This assumes you still have the original 'Campaigns' folder intact with the pre patch campaigns and subfolders. For example, let's say you had a file called '1939 Fall Weiss Custom'. Simply select this file when you are going to save.
WARNING: It will ask you if you would like to overwrite the scripts. Make sure you click "NO".
NOTE: If you click "YES" it will overwrite the existing scripts with the Template scripts. If you click "NO" it will use the existing scripts which is what you want here.
GAME ENGINE CHANGES
- fixed a network/client campaign selection and script toggle error
- fixed a rebuild error for minor HQs
- fixed an AI land unit movement
- fixed a purchase unit bug where the game engine was not repurchasing (repurchaseable) minor units that had been previously destroyed with supply > 5
- added some additional AI purchase logic for when the AI has a sizeable bank account. AI will attempt to make additional purchases as outlined
in the PURCHASE script in order to exhaust available MPP as well as to max out available upgrades when making these special unit purchases
- added some additional AI research logic for when the AI has a sizeable bank account. AI will attempt to make additional research investments as outlined
in the RESEARCH script in order to exhaust available MPP
- fixed a paratroop bug that allowed prepared paratroops from inactive majors to attack active countries
- added a surprise unit combat for transports that embark and reveal a hidden naval unit
- fixed a fortress/fortification overrun bug
- DirectX installation error corrected as was mostly seen on Vista installations
EDITOR RELATED CHANGES
- fixed a Marsh tile error
- PURCHASE scripts now allow for minors to be scripted for purchases
- fixed a small error with the US Vichy Algeria AMPHIBIOUS script
- adjusted USA PURCHASE scripts
- fixed a few script related errors for the Axis AI (Garrison, Offensive)
- fixed an Editor display error under Vista
(See the VERSION NOTES.txt file located in the game folder for full version changes)