Medieval II: Total War Demo
Refer to this document if you encounter difficulties with one or more aspects of
installation or running the Demo of Medieval II: Total War game. Many of the
most commonly encountered issues are covered here.
If you experience any problems please make sure that you have the latest
drivers for you PC installed.
Please be aware, this software is a demo and is not representative of the final
product, product features are subject to change and revision without notice. The
software wherein is incomplete and is provided with no warranty of any kind.
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- English version of Microsoft® Windows® 2000/XP
- Celeron 1.5GHz Pentium 4® (1500MHz) or equivalent AMD® processor. The
processor must support SSE2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE2
- 512MB RAM
- 8x Speed CD-ROM drive (1200KB/sec sustained transfer rate) and latest
- 700MB of uncompressed free hard disk space
- 100% DirectX® 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers
- 100% Windows® 2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers
- DirectX® 9.0c
- 128MB Hardware Accelerated video card with Shader 1 support and the latest
drivers. Must be 100% DirectX® 9.0c compatible*. Nvidia® GeForce 4 Ti 4400 or
ATI Radeon® 9800 are the recommended minimum hardware.
- Monitor must be able to display 1024x768 resolution or above.
* Important Note: Some cards with the chipsets listed here may not be
compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilised by Medieval II: Total
War. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX® 9.0c
INSTALLATION & SET UP ISSUES
The Medieval II: Total War installer will automatically launch the DirectX®
9.0c redistributable installer. If you already have this version or a newer
copy of DirectX® this will be detected and the update will exit with no changes
made to your system's DirectX® files.
You can manually install the latest version of DirectX® by going to
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx and downloading the latest version