Muutoshistoria ohjelmalle Tweaking.com - Windows Repair (Portable)
Muutokset v4.0.15 - v4.0.16
Muutokset v4.0.14 - v4.0.15
Muutokset v4.0.13 - v4.0.14
Muutokset v4.0.12 - v4.0.13
Muutokset v4.0.11 - v4.0.12
Muutokset v4.0.9 - v4.0.11
Muutokset v4.0.8 - v4.0.9
Muutokset v4.0.6 - v4.0.8
Muutokset v4.0.5 - v4.0.6
Muutokset v4.0.4 - v4.0.5
Muutokset v4.0.3 - v4.0.4
Muutokset v4.0.2 - v4.0.3
Muutokset v4.0.1 - v4.0.2
Muutokset v4.0.0 - v4.0.1
Muutokset v3.9.36 - v4.0.0
Muutokset v3.9.35 - v3.9.36
Muutokset v3.9.34 - v3.9.35
Muutokset v3.9.33 - v3.9.34
Muutokset v3.9.32 - v3.9.33
Muutokset v3.9.31 - v3.9.32
Muutokset v3.9.30 - v3.9.31
Muutokset v3.9.29 - v3.9.30
Muutokset v3.9.28 - v3.9.29
Muutokset v3.9.27 - v3.9.28
Muutokset v3.9.26 - v3.9.27
Muutokset v3.9.25 - v3.9.26
Muutokset v3.9.24 - v3.9.25
Muutokset v3.9.23 - v3.9.24
Muutokset v3.9.22 - v3.9.23
Muutokset v3.9.21 - v3.9.22
Muutokset v3.9.19 - v3.9.21
Muutokset v3.9.17 - v3.9.19
Muutokset v3.9.16 - v3.9.17
Muutokset v3.9.15 - v3.9.16
Muutokset v3.9.12 - v3.9.15
Muutokset v3.9.10 - v3.9.11
Muutokset v3.9.9 - v3.9.10
Muutokset v3.9.7 - v3.9.9
Muutokset v3.9.6 - v3.9.7
Muutokset v3.9.4 - v3.9.6
Muutokset v3.9.3 - v3.9.4
Muutokset v3.9.2 - v3.9.3
Muutokset v3.9.1 - v3.9.2
Muutokset v3.9.0 - v3.9.1
Muutokset v3.8.7 - v3.9.0
Muutokset v3.8.6 - v3.8.7
Muutokset v3.8.5 - v3.8.6
Muutokset v3.8.3 - v3.8.5
Muutokset v3.8.2 - v3.8.3
Muutokset v3.8.1 - v3.8.2
Muutokset v3.8.0 - v3.8.1
Muutokset v3.7.4 - v3.8.0
Muutokset v3.7.3 - v3.7.4
Muutokset v3.7.1 - v3.7.3
Muutokset v3.7.0 - v3.7.1
Muutokset v2.6.5 - v3.7.0
Muutokset v3.6.2 - v3.6.3
Muutokset v3.6.1 - v3.6.2
Muutokset v3.6.0 - v3.6.1
Muutokset v3.5.1 - v3.6.0
Muutokset v3.5.0 - v3.5.1
Muutokset v3.4.3 - v3.5.0
Muutokset v3.4.2 - v3.4.3
Muutokset v3.4.1 - v3.4.2
Muutokset v3.4.0 - v3.4.1
Muutokset v3.3.0 - v3.4.0
Muutokset v3.2.3 - v3.3.0
Muutokset v3.2.1 - v3.2.3
Muutokset v3.2.0 - v3.2.1
- Improved startup check. Startup check now checks for a MD4 hash instead of a SHA1 hash. This is faster than SHA1.
- Fixed a bug in the startup check where on certain systems the hash returned from the files didn't match up.
- Renamed "Repair Winsock & DNS Cache" to "Repair Network". This repair has grown and covers repairing the network better than it has before and covers more than just Winsock and DNS.
- Updated and improved "Repair Network"
- Updated the Pre-Scan tool.
Muutokset v3.1.5 - v3.2.0
- The program now also checks the SHA1 hash of its files at program startup. Before the program only checked if any files where missing. But I have found some users who either had their antivirus mess up some of the files (or some other program) or they had bad sectors on their hard drive, corrupting some of the files. When this happened not only did it mess with the repairs but if it happened to be one of the registry files it could end up screwing things up in Windows since the file was corrupted and not putting the correct data into the registry.
- So now the program will both check if any files are missing and if they have been changed in any way. This will slow the startup of the program down a little but only by a few seconds as it scans the files.
- Fixed a bug in the Restore UAC repair where it was saving to the wrong log file name.
- Fixed a bug where the Repair Windows Updates commands would be doubled in the repair.
- Updated "Repair Windows Sidebar/Gadgets"
- Updated and added more files to "Register System Files"
Muutokset v3.1.4 - v3.1.5
- Updated the Pre-Scan tool to better list any missing or corrupt packages files.
- Updated "Restore Important Windows Services" and "Repair Winsock & DNS Cache" with the following services DHCP, DNSCache, NTDS, Netlogon, Winsock and Winsock2.
- Multiple code updates.
Muutokset v3.1.3 - v3.1.4
- Multiple small bug fixes.
- Spelling corrections.
Muutokset v3.1.2 - v3.1.3
- Updated & improved the "Check Disk (chkdsk) At Next Boot" tool.
- Changed the task schedule for starting the tray icon at startup, it had the "Wake the computer to run this task" checked, which would keep some systems from going into sleep mode. The program now makes sure that is unchecked when having the tray icon start with windows.
- Updated log window to tell the user to run the repairs in Windows Safe Mode if the repairs are failing to start. (This normally happens because a 3rd party program gets in the way)
- You can now view the pro feature tools in the free version, you just won't be able to apply or use the pro features. This way a user can now see what exactly is in the pro features before they buy.
- Bug fix in Repair Reparse Points.
- The program should now better handle when the performance counters on a system are corrupted. The performance counters are used to show the drive read and write, cpu and memory during repairs. When the performance counters where corrupt it would cause the program to lock up.
- Multiple code changes and improvements.
Muutokset v3.0.0 - v3.1.0
- Pre Repairs Scan has been renamed to Pre-Scan.
- New "Repair Reparse Points" tool has been added. This is not an automated tool, so it isn't in the repair list. Instead it is with the Pre-Scan tool.
- Added another script "Windows Updates Download Cache" to the pro feature "Enhanced Windows Disk Cleanup"
- Updated and improved the Pre-Scan.
- Multiple code improvements and updates.
- Multiple spelling corrections.
- When having the program schedule the tray icon to start at windows startup, it now adds a 2 min delay before the task scheduler starts it to give time for the other startup programs to finish loading.
Muutokset v2.11.2 - v3.0.0
- Massive update, weeks worth of work and so many changes that there is to many to list here. But I will list a few.
- Program is now Free/Pro. All repairs and everything that has always been in the previous free versions is still completely free and all future repairs will be free, I have taken nothing away from my users :-) The pro is extra tools and options while keeping all repairs free. The free version can still be used for both personal and business use. Also there is no nag screens or anything like that trying to get people to upgrade to pro.
- New Pre Repairs Scan tool has been added. You can now run this to have the program check for things before running the repairs. This checks the windows packages files, junction points and environment variables.
- New "Repair Environment Variables" tool has been added. This is not an automated tool, so it isn't in the repair list. Instead it is with the Pre Repairs Scan tool.
- Multiple new repairs added.
- A large amount of the repairs have been improved and updated.
- Some of the current pro features include built in system tweaks that you can have applied after the repairs. You can also now use your own scripts and registry files to have applied after the repairs are done as well. There will be more pro features coming in future updates.
- Another new pro feature is the ability to use your own logo in the bottom left of the main window of the program.
- New interface layout. I kept most things the same as people remember it but made the window bigger and rearranged a few things to try and make it less cluttered.
- Multiple bug fixes.
- Huge amount of codes changes, and a ton of other things that is to much to list here.
- Updated Registry Backup to v2.2.0
Muutokset v2.11.1 - v2.11.2
- Updated "Reset File Permissions" to support and handle Unicode paths in the permissions cleanup part of the repair.
- When the repair ran to fix the profile folders to proper denied & allow permissions it would fail on profiles that hand Unicode Chars in the paths.
- Multiple code changes and tweaks, adding more Unicode support for multiple commands and functions.
- Update the Check Disk command on Step 3 on the main Window. Before it would just call chkdsk, but if a user had their system paths messed up on the system then it would say that chkdsk couldn't be found or is not an internal program. I have update the code to set the proper paths to the Windows folders keeping that error from happening.
Muutokset v2.10.4 - v2.11.1
- Updated all repairs that changed the permissions on the windows 7 services registry keys to put back the default permissions for the default services. This fixes odd issues with the UAC and the time sync in the clock on the task bar.
- Updated and improved Repair Windows 8 App Store
- Updated Repair Internet Explorer
- Multiple code changes and improvements.
- Updated the Default Windows 8.1 with Media Center Permissions to all updates up to patch Tuesday Feb 2015.
- Updated Registry Backup to v2.1.1
Muutokset v2.10.3 - v2.10.4
- Fixed a bug in the Repair MSI.
- Updated Registry Backup to v2.0.0
- Multiple code changes and tweaks.
Muutokset v2.10.2 - v2.10.3
- Updated multiple repairs with code improvements
- Code cleanup and changes throughout the program.
Muutokset v2.10.1 - v2.10.2
- I have automated the program to auto add the services it needs when ran in safe mode and cleans them after when done. The program will no longer show a window asking the user to do it. Since it is automated it is one less thing a user needs to worry about :-)
- In past versions, when you downloaded the portable zip file of the program Windows would mark that it came from the internet and you would get the warning pop up for any of the files that the program uses in the files folder. The program now auto unblocks all the files in the files folder so users wont get the constant pop ups from Windows asking for permissions to run them. This way a user doesn't have to unblock all the files manually. This didn't happen when you installed with the installer, only the zip file.
- New repair added, "Restore UAC (User Account Control) Settings" This will restore the default registry settings for the UAC in Windows.
- Multiple repairs have been updated and tweaked.
- Multiple interface updates and changes.
Muutokset v2.9.2 - v2.10.1
- Updated Remove policies set by infections and restore important windows services.
- Spelling corrections.
- Major update, the program can now properly run in Windows Safe Mode. The program didn't run properly in safe mode before because services that the repairs needed where not allowed to run in safe mode.
- I have built and included a tool in the program that will allow a user to prepare safe mode for the repairs by setting the services it needs for the repairs to be allowed to run in safe mode.
- Updated the remove policies set by infections to remove the Google chrome policies set to not allow chrome to update.
- Updated the tweaking_ras.exe and tweaking_rati.exe to have their manifest files embedded in them to fix a problem where if the manifest files where corrupt or messed up for some reason then the repairs wouldn't run.
- Updated the "Repair WMI" to remove the bug in Windows causing Event ID 10 (Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99")
- Fixed a bug where if the settings.ini file was deleted or a user updated the program from from a older version and the settings.ini file didn't have the color information set that the colors wouldn't be set correctly, such as black text over the dark grey background. The program has now been updated to apply the proper default colors when this happens.
- Updated the "Reset File Permissions" to no longer set permissions on the profile locations when the user is setting permissions on a drive where the profiles are not located.
- Multiple code improvements and changes.
- Updated Registry Backup to v1.10.1
- Changed and updated multiple icons and graphics in the program.
Muutokset v2.9.1 - v2.9.2
- Updated Registry Backup with v1.10.0
- Updated Reset Registry Permissions. The program will now set the install date for installed programs before running the repair.
- Some installers don't put the registry key "InstallDate" in the uninstall section. So when you load up the add/remove programs or
- Programs and Features and it shows the date it is installed then windows will list the last modified date of the uninstall registry key for the program if "InstallDate" is missing.
- Well when you reset the registry permissions the last modified gets updated and so those programs show the install date of when you ran the repair.
- The program will now loop through these 3 locations
- For any installed program that doesn't have a "InstallDate" the program will add this registry key and set the date from the last modified time of that registry key.
- This will now keep older install programs from showing the wrong install date after running the reset registry permissions.
Muutokset v2.9.0 - v2.9.1
- Updated "Remove Policies Set By Infections" repair, the repair now sets the proper shell and userinit values under the Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon registry.
- More code improvements and interface changes.
Muutokset v2.8.9 - v2.9.0
- Code improvements to multiple repairs.
- Updated graphics to the interface of the program.
- Moved the image controls used in the program into a ocx file. This has reduced the size of the main exe by 460 KB. Also making the program more stable and require less memory.
- Multiple interface code tweaks and enhancements.
Muutokset v2.8.8 - v2.8.9
- Changed the "Start Repairs" tab text on the main window to just "Repairs" and under that tab changed the "Start" button text to "Open Repairs". Some users where getting confused since the repair window itself had a button that said "Start Repairs" they thought the program already started them since they clicked "start" on the main window. So some rewording to avoid that confusion.
- Multiple code changes and tweaks.
Muutokset v2.8.7 - v2.8.8
- Updated the tweaking_ras.exe and Tweaking_rati.exe. These are both used to run repairs as the system account or trusted installer. To do this they create themselves as a service and run the command, then remove the service they created. The problem was that on some systems, Windows wasn't removing the service fast enough before the next one was called and created. Since the service name was the same, the next one created wouldn't be called (Since it was in the process of being removed by Windows) and the repair wouldn't start. Both of these programs now randomize their service name to keep this from happening.
- The program now will try to start a repair up to 3 more times if it fails to start the first time (For a total of 4 times and 30 sec between each try). So now if there is ever a simple hiccup or problem that kept the repair from running then the program will try again and normally it will continue on. If it fails to run a repair 4 times then the repairs stop and the program tells you to let me know in the forums, where I will work with you to find out why they didn't run.
- Fixed a bug where the program didn't close itself if you told it to reboot or shutdown the systems after the repairs.
Muutokset v2.8.6 - v2.8.7
- Updated the Run As Service and Run as Trusted installer exes in the program to no longer crash on vista machines that don't have all their updates. Turns out that one of the API calls would cause the exe to crash on older vista machines and so the repair would never run. The bug in vista was fixed in an vista update but if a user didn't have all the updates then the run as system exe would crash. I found the problem and found another way to do it without having it crash.
- Fixed a bug where the repairs wouldn't run if there was a & in the path to the temp folder under the user profile. Turns out that cmd.exe doesn't play nice with the & character being in a path. So now instead of using the temp folder of the current user the program will use the temp folder in the windows folder instead. This will avoid any problems with odd user names on a system that cmd.exe wouldn't like.
- The program now waits for 30 sec for a repair to start. If it doesn't the program will let the user know and then stop the rest of the repairs. Before the program waited forever, and the user wouldn't know that the repair didn't start for some reason and so both the user and the program would just sit there waiting. Now the program will let the user know if a repair was unable to run for some reason.
- The program now stops instantly when you click stop repairs instead of saying waiting for the current repair to finish. The current repair if it is still running will keep running till it is done but the program will stop instead of waiting for it.
- Multiple code changes and improvements.
Muutokset v2.8.5 - v2.8.6
- Updated the Register System Files repair.
- Major improvement to how the system detects when the repairs start. On slower systems, and when I user had a lot of programs open, it caused the repairs to start to slowly and so the program would think the repair is done and start the next repair, causing 2 or more repairs running at once. The program can now tell and wait when a repair starts.
- Added new information to the program asking the user to do a "Clean Boot" before running the repairs. I also wrote a guide on how to do a proper clean boot for users. (Program has a link to point them to the guide on the site)
- All the other guides I found, for some reason, didn't bother including the task scheduler, which programs also startup from.
- The reason for doing a clean boot is because other 3rd party programs can interfere with the repairs. There have been multiple times I have seen users running the repairs on a system running 140+ processes and those programs interfered with the repairs, keeping them from even finishing.
- Once those users did a clean boot the repairs finished without any problems and even finished faster since the system was under less of a load.
Muutokset v2.8.4 - v2.8.5
- Improved File Permissions Repair.
- Updated and improved the Repair Winsock & DNS Cache.
- Updated and improved the Repair Windows Updates.
Muutokset v2.8.3 - v2.8.4
- Fixed a bug where the program would crash after opening a few of the windows a few times. This was caused by my resize control for the resizable windows in the program. It was hooking into windows to keep the controls from flicking when resizing. Well that subclass hook would sometimes cause the program to crash when too many windows where opened and closed quickly. The purpose of this hook was nothing more than for looks. I have since removed that from the code and while the controls may flicker when resized the program no longer crashes :-)
- Per user request, I added a option under the settings tab to lock or unlock the repair list while the repairs are running.
- Per user request, I added a option under the settings tab to show or hide the output of the repairs to the cmd.exe windows. Hiding the output greatly increases the repair speeds as it takes a lot of CPU to draw all the text to the windows.
- I have updated multiple repairs to fix the path in the registry to the oleaut32.dll file on the Windows system starting with vista and newer. In XP the file name was the only thing in these registry keys, not the file path. With a fresh install of vista, 7 and newer those registry keys have the full path. When ever you register oleaut32.dll it changes those registry keys to have the file name only, the dll itself does this. Everything works fine like that but some select programs such as VirtualBox will complain and not run. By simply putting the full paths back fixes this bug for those programs like VirtualBox.
- Improvements to multiple repairs.
Muutokset v2.8.2 - v2.8.3
- New repair added "Repair Windows 'New' Submenu". When you right click on the desktop or in a folder and go to new and it is missing, empty or is missing the default items then this repair will put back the registry keys for the new menu and its default items.
- Improvements to the Reset File Permissions. I have now made a tool to allow me to run the file permissions repair as the trusted installer. Before the only permissions it could set was anything with administrators or system as the owner. The only way to set the permissions on files that had the trusted installed as the owner was to take ownership of them. Well now that isn't needed as the repair can now set the permissions on those files as well :-)
- Updated multiple repairs to no longer display everything in the cmd.exe window. When there is a lot of text to display in the cmd.exe window then it would use a lot of cpu to draw and update the cmd.exe window, which would slow down the repair since the cpu was being used to draw the window. By not showing all the text it cuts down on the cpu usage which helps increase the speed of the repairs.
- Fix the monitors bars on the repair window to properly resize the bar picture when a user had their system dpi set above 100%. When it is above 100% everything increases in size in the program. The bars now take this into account.
- Multiple interface changes.
Muutokset v2.8.1 - v2.8.2
- In the last update I had the Reset Registry Permissions no longer take ownership of the permissions but instead only tried to set the permissions, this was done to fix some rare odd variables on very very few certain systems but ended up not being a good idea. On systems that where infected, the viruses had changed the owner of the permissions in the registry and so since the program wasn't taking back owner ship, the permissions where not getting fixed. The program now takes ownership again for the registry permissions :-)
Muutokset v2.8.0 - v2.8.1
- Updated the Default Windows 8 Permissions to include Media Center and also the newest updates on patch Tuesday July 2014.
- Added Default Windows 8 Permissions for C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86). These are the defaults for the files and folders that are installed by default in Windows 8.
- Added HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT default permissions for Windows 8 to the Registry Permissions repair.
- The Reset Registry Permissions repair now only sets the defaults on Windows 8 and doesn't modify any others. Windows 8 is to easy to break when it comes to permissions and simply resetting the default registry keys has been found to be the best option in my tests.
- Fixed bug where log file couldn't be created when there was Unicode characters in the path.
- Updated Repair Windows Update to include more fixes that help with the errors 0x80070643, 0x8007000B and 0x80071A91
Muutokset v2.7.5 - v2.8.0
- The program now auto takes a registry backup if the user didn't do one before hand. This is needed for the users who don't do a registry backup and then something doesn't go right and they cant restore. For now on the program will auto create it :-)
- Updated the Reset permissions repairs for both files and the registry to restore the default permissions on Windows 8 after the permission repairs run. Now the repairs will update any new or custom files, folders and registry keys while putting the defaults back on all the standard default Windows locations. This new repair has stopped the app store from breaking because of permissions.
- Major update the permissions repairs as well. The repairs no longer remove orphaned user accounts. It was this option that was causing so much headache in Windows 8 since windows uses unknown accounts for all their apps. Since the setacl.exe remove those unknown accounts it broke the apps. Reinstalling the apps will restore it and make it working again. The program will no longer remove these and this bug has finally been killed.
- Since the program now auto creates a registry backup I have added a check box on the start tab that a user can uncheck if they don't want a automatic registry backup.
- Updated Repair Windows 8 app store.
- Multiple code changes and improvements across the whole program.
- Multiple interface changes.
Muutokset v2.7.2 - v2.7.5
- I have written my own exe to run the repairs under the system account, replacing the 3rd party exe I was using. The tool I made is much smaller and I now can update it when needed :-)
- UI changes and spelling corrections.
Muutokset v2.7.1 - v2.7.2
- Updated the Repair Windows Firewall. After helping a user whose firewall wouldn't start I found certain registry keys that where not part of the normal shared access service that where keeping the firewall from starting. Those registry keys are now removed if they are on the system.
- Updated the program with a new icon and logo.
- Updated the Registry Backup tool to v1.9.0
- Small bug fixes.
- Spelling Corrections.
Muutokset v2.7.0 - v2.7.1
- Multiple bug fixes. While I had updated the v2.7.0 setup and portable files with the bug fixes some download sites still had the bad files.
- So to make sure everyone gets updated I am putting out a new version. Make sure to use 2.7.1 :-)
Muutokset v2.6.3 - v2.7.0
- Added a new startup check to the program. The program will now check that all files needed for the repairs in the program folder are present.
- If files are missing then the repair that needs those files will fail, which can cause bad side effects depending on the repair.
- So now the program will do a quick check and if any files are missing, the program will let you know which files and ask you to reinstall the program to make sure all files are there.
- You can not continue with the program if any files are missing. If all files are present then it automatically continues to the normal start window of the program.
- Added a new repair "Reset Service Permissions" This repair will add permissions on all services on the current system. Administrators = Full, System = Full, TrustedInstaller = Full
- "Reset Registry Permissions" & "Reset File Permissions" have been completely redone. The program was using subinacl.exe to set permissions but it was only 32 bit and didn't access the 64 bit locations.
- This has been replaced with SetAcl.exe which supports 32 and 64 bits. So now on a 64 bit OS all areas get their permissions set.
- Because this can now access all locations the 2 repairs are a little slower and it doesn't have the progress screen that the subinacl.exe did.
- So the cmd window has been updated to not show what current key or file it is on as it slowed down the repair by a very very large amount because the CPU was being used to draw all the text to the cmd.exe window.
- So by not having it display all that information the speed of the repair is much better.
- Since "Reset File Permissions" now uses a new exe the exclusions part has been changed, if you used this option in the program please see the text files on how to use exclusions.
- For Vista and newer versions of Windows "Reset Registry Permissions" & "Reset File Permissions" now also adds the "TrustedInstaller" account with Full access rights.
- Updated multiple repairs to better handle Windows 8 and 8.1 and all the fussy stuff it wants, making the repairs better than ever for Windows 8 & 8.1 :-)
- Updated other multiple repairs.
- Improved the handling of the program running with the /silent switch and when it closes itself down after repairs.
- Multiple code changes and improvements.
Muutokset v2.6.0 - v2.6.3
- Updated Repair Registry Permissions
- Updated Restore Windows 8 COM+ Unmarshalers
- The 2 repair updates both have to do with a bug that only hits a few Windows 8.1 users.
- When the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unmarshalers permissions get changed and are not locked down then for some reason Windows deletes that registry key on reboot.
- Only happens to certain machines and appears to be a bug in Windows. The repairs have been updated to now lock down the registry location like it was before,
- this will stop the bug in Windows from the registry key from being removed.
- When this registry key and its sub keys are removed the COM+ wont work and sound will stop working among a bunch of other things.
- The Windows Repair Program didn't remove these, something in Windows does for a unknown reason. Now with that registry location being locked again it stops that from happening.
- Added a new repair "Restore Windows 8 COM+ Unmarshalers" Starting in Windows 8 the COM+ depends on a set of registry keys located under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unmarshalers\System
- There is a bug in Windows 8 where those registry keys are sometimes removed, which when they are COM+ will no longer function and many things in windows stop working including audio, Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, WMI and many more.
- When these keys are restored COM+ functions again. These registry keys where not in older versions of Windows and is new to Windows 8.
- Updated Repair Registry Permissions
- The tree view on the repair window now takes on the colors set for the text boxes and lists instead of the program back and text colors.
- Changed the default color theme to make the text boxes and lists a little darker than pure white.
- Updated Registry Backup to v1.8.0
- Multiple interface changes and fixes.
- Code updates and improvements in multiple locations in the program.
Muutokset v2.4.1 - v2.4.2
Muutokset v2.4.0 - v2.4.1
- Fixed bug in the program where if you ran the Repair CD/DVD and had iTunes installed iTunes could complain about a regkey missing. The program did put the registry key back into the registry but it didn't null terminate the line so iTunes still complained. This has now been fixed and iTunes no longer complains.
- Reset File Permissions has been improved. The reset file permissions normally skips the profile folders on the system. This was due to a odd bug in Windows Vista, 7 and newer where if "Everyone" permissions was set on a folder under the user profile Windows would think it is shared when it wasn't. Well after helping a user who had a lot of problems on their system it turned out to be because somehow the user had removed "Administrators" and "System" from all the permissions on the folders and files of the profile. Once those where put back everything worked. So I knew I had to get the profiles added to the repair. The new changes will update all the profile folders properly and only add administrators and system, not everyone. Also for the current user profile folder it will also add the current user as it should be that way.
- Small code changes.
Muutokset v2.2.1 - v2.3.0
- Fixed a bug where the cmd.exe windows where not changing color like they use to.
- New feature, you can now set what back and text color to use in the cmd.exe windows. This is useful when running the program from a script and you can tell which cmd.exe windows belong to the program and not the script.
- Program now gives a warning if it is unable to create the log file path. If the program is unable to save the log files the repairs will fail. Examples of it failing would be if the path has Unicode chars or is pointing to a ready only folder such as running off a cd.
- Small bug fixes and multiple code changes.
Muutokset v2.20 - v2.2.1
Muutokset v2.1.1 - v2.20
- Remove beta repairs button. The only beta repair was for the system restore which wasn't repairing it, so no point in having it till i find more info on it :-)
- The Repair CD/DVD Missing/Not Working now logs if it detects iTunes and if it does it applies the upperfilter regkey so iTunes can burn cds.
- The Unhide Non System Files now also sets the show desktop icons back to enabled. Some viruses are putting desktop icons as hidden. If you keep them hidden your self you can rehide them with a simple right click on the desktop and then go to view.
- Updated the repair windows firewall to have file and print sharing enabled.
- Add a "Defaults" button next to the select all and unselect all repairs. This was by user request. The defaults button will select the default repairs, the same as when you run the Windows Repair for the first time.
- The Windows Repair log now record system information such as what version of windows and such. This way when a user posts the log in the forums and doesnt tell me what version of Windows they are on I can see it in the logs.
- New repair added for Windows 8 users. Repair Windows 8 Component Store. Microsoft finally added some built in tool to fix and recover corrupt files when sfc /scannow fails and says it couldn't fix some corrupt files. I also have the repair do a cleanup of the component store to shrink the size and also possibly remove errors from old outdated files. Here is the repair info from with in the program.:
- "Repair Windows 8 Component Store
- The following commands are done.
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- The first command cleans up the component store (WinSxS Folder) in windows, reducing it size and removing old entries.
- The 2nd command is used to repair corrupt files and corrupt entries in the component store.
- Reasons for this repair:
- Used to fix Windows component store corruption when a SFC /SCANNOW command is unable to repair corrupted system files because the store (source) is corrupted, then run the SFC command again.
- Used to fix Windows component store corruption when the same Windows Updates continue to appear to be available to install even though they already show successfully installed in update history
Muutokset v2.1.0 - v2.1.1
Muutokset v2.0.1 - v2.1.0
Muutokset v2.0.0 - v2.0.1
Muutokset v1.9.18 - v2.0.0
- New interface. Still the same layout but new colors that match the same look and feel as other programs on tweaking.com
- Due to the interface changes I changed controls and graphics to make a smaller exe, smaller setup and use less memory.
- Code improvements to Repair WMI.
- All new logging. The program now records any output from the cmd.exe, not just errors. Bigger log files, but much better information when needed.
- Support for Windows 8.1 added.
- Tons of Code changes.
- Repair Windows Updates updated.
- Repair WMI updated.
- Restore Important Windows Services updated.
- Multiple bug fixes from the last version have been fixed.
Muutokset v1.9.17 - v1.9.18
Muutokset v1.9.14 - v1.9.15
Muutokset v1.9.13 - v1.9.14
Muutokset v1.9.12 - v1.9.13
Muutokset v1.9.11 - v1.9.12
Muutokset v1.9.10 - v1.9.11
Muutokset v1.9.9 - v1.9.10
Muutokset v1.9.8 - v1.9.9
Muutokset v1.9.7 - v1.9.8
Muutokset v1.9.6 - v1.9.7
Muutokset v1.9.5 - v1.9.6
Muutokset v1.9.4 - v1.9.5
Muutokset v1.9.3 - v1.9.4
Muutokset v1.9.2 - v1.9.3
Muutokset v1.9.1 - v1.9.2
- Per user request the main repair window is now resizable.
- Added 11 new file association repairs. What makes these repairs different than just clicking a reg file is on vista and newer some of the keys are locked. Since the program runs the repairs under the system account these repairs have access to those locked keys.
- Added a "Tips" button that loads a page on the site with some tips on which repairs to run and tricks you can do with the program.
- Changed the list in the program to a treeview.
- I have some repairs unchecked by default now instead of all repairs checked.
- Many code changes.
Muutokset v1.8.0 - v1.9.0
Muutokset v1.7.5 - v1.8.0
- Replaced Erunt registry backup with Tweaking.com - Registry Backup
- Some new viruses have been adding programs to the Image File Execution Options in the registry. Keeping those programs from running. I have added 773 more items to the Remove Policies Set By Infections.
- Added new repair "Repair Windows Snipping Tool". This will run on vista or newer and replace the reg keys needed for the snipping tool.
- Added new repair "Repair .lnk (Shortcuts) File Association" This will run on vista or newer.
- Updated the "Repair CD/DVD Missing/Not Working" to see if iTunes is running (Looks for ituneshelper.exe is running). If it is it puts the iTunes "UpperFilters" for the cd/dvd rom drive so iTunes wont give the error "Warning the registry setting used for importing CD are missing". More info here http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2372?viewlocale=en_US
- Multiple code improvements.
Muutokset v1.7.4 - v1.7.5
- Improved operating system detection code. What does this mean? Some repairs need to know what version of Windows it is running run to run the correct code. The program used WMI to pull this info. But if WMI was broken it didn't pull the info. I now have it use the Windows API to pull the Windows version, and if for any reason it fails it will fall back to using WMI to pull the info.
Muutokset v1.7.3 - v1.7.4
Muutokset v1.7.1 - v1.7.2
Muutokset v1.7.0 - v1.7.1
- Updated the Repair WMI to better handle the commands needed for the different version of Windows. While the WMI works great on XP, Vista and 7 it didn't work correctly on 2003 thus breaking WMI. I have added the commands need to have it run properly on 2003 :-)
- All 21 individual repair programs have been updated to v1.7.1 as well.
Muutokset v1.6.5 - v1.7.0
- Small improvements to a few repairs.
- Better support when running the program through a script. I have a good amount of repair shops that use this repair tool. Some like to run the repair tool with the silent command and from a script in a bat file. The old version of the program would close any cmd.exe window before running the repairs. This of course defeated the purpose of running through a script. So I have changed the way the program waits for a repair to finish. Instead of waiting for cmd.exe to close, each repair will now make a file. When the repair is finished it will delete the file, then the program will know to move onto the next repair.
- I now have the cmd.exe windows change to a gray background with black text. This way when running the program through a script you will know which cmd.exe window belongs to the windows repair :-)
- The program will now save any errors from the repairs into a txt file on the Windows drive in a folder. Example: "C:\Tweaking.com_Windows_Repair_Logs\" Multiple log files are made for the permission repairs. This is because the MS tool doesn't append to the log file, so a new file has to be made for each section. Since this could create a fair amount of log files I have the program cleanup any empty log files after the repairs are ran.
Muutokset v1.6.4 - v1.6.5
- Program detects if you are running in safe mode and warns that some repairs may not work in safe mode.
- I have also made a few changes for all repairs to run better in safe mode. No guarantees but should definitely run better in safe mode than it has before.
- Per user request you can now choose to restart or shutdown the computer after repairs.
- I have the repair window resized to 750 x 550 pixels (Now bigger than before). This is the max size to fit on the screen in safe mode which is normally 800 x 600.
Muutokset v1.6.3 - v1.6.4