Muutoshistoria ohjelmalle TVersity Media Server
Muutokset v3.7 - v3.7.1
- Previous release broke audio and photos with Roku (while fixing video by including a workaround for a Roku firmware bug), this release restores proper operation with Roku for audio, video and photos.
Muutokset v3.4 - v3.5
- Add support for Xbox One in both Pro and free versions (but of-course only the Pro version will transcode for it).
- Some fixes to the Roku profile to avoid delivering videos over 3mbps (the Roku can’t handle higher bitrates very well).
- H.264 compression now allows higher resolutions than before so that 720p and 1080p sources will remain as such.
Muutokset v3.3 - v3.4
- Add support for twitch (Pro only).
- H.264 encoding via Intel Quick Sync Video is now 25% more efficient thanks to pixel format conversion optimizations.
- The admin web address brings up the HTML5 GUI instead of old Flash GUI.
- Fix crash when indexing some MKV files with chapters.
Muutokset v3.2 - v3.3
- Keep track of media files that lead to a crash during library indexing (typically due to those files being corrupted) so that they can be skipped in subsequent indexing. Also, the indexing is resumed automatically once the media server restarts. Given that the restart is automatic too, the software is now self healing in those crash cases.
- The HTML5 web interface for accessing the media library was mistakenly used on iOS devices, this is now fixed by returning the iOS specific interface .
- Fix issue with PS3 where MP4 with H.264 HD and AAC surround was not playing (issue introduced in 2.7).
- Some minor GUI fixes.
Muutokset v3.1 - v3.2
- The web interface for accessing the media library has been replaced with an HTML5 interface that can play your media within the browser (for best experience please use Chrome). This is the same interface used for casting media to Chromecast but with the added capability of playing content in the browser.
- Bug fixes and minor improvements:
- Sharing media from Windows explorer now open the new GUI (and not the old one).
- Improved error messaging in several cases (e.g. when attempting to share a mapped network drive or a network path which is not accessible to the server).
- Hide the iTunes entry in the media source page of the GUI.
- In the HTML5 media library interface, display the title at the bottom of video items and not just when hovering on them.
Muutokset v3.0 - v3.1
- Do not automatically unshare a folder when a USB drive on which it resides is no longer available - this feature is removed due to requests by many users.
- Do not transcode the MOV format for Chromecast when its codecs are supported by Chromecast.
- Add context menus (right click menus) in the media sharing page of the GUI.
- The media sharing page of the GUI now allows drag/drop of links from the browser address bar as a way to share them (previously only drag/drop of files and folders was allowed).
- Bug fixes: Fix possible corruption of media transcoded to WEBM (for Chromecast) once cached. The corruption lead to subsequent playback attempts (which were served from the cache) to fail.
- Fix a rare file corruption (osb.xml) when auto-updating it. This corruption prevented from the service to start and required users to re-install in order to workaround it.
- Various small fixes in the HTML5 interface used for pushing content to Chromecast.
- Fix issue on Windows XP, where the GUI could not be run properly and also starting the sharing service from the GUI failed.
- Fix GUI issue in settings page where the refresh time could not be changed.
- Uninstaller cleans some files that were previously left when uninstalling the software
Muutokset v2.7 - v3.0
- Introduce an all new user interface, which is HTML5 based and is significantly simplified.
- Hardware accelerated H.264 encoding via Intel Quick Sync Media, allows 3 times faster encoding (up to 1080p) at half the CPU consumed by software encoding (Pro only).
- Support for Chromecast:
- An all new, search centric, HTML5 interface is available for navigating the library and selecting media to play on the Chromecast.
- Play every format on Chromecast via on-the-fly transcoding to WEBM/VP8 (Pro only).
- Support for Roku:
- The built in Roku Media Player app is now fully supported.
- Play every format on Roku via on-the-fly transcoding to H.264 and HLS streaming (Pro only).
Muutokset v2.6 - v2.7
- Basic & Pro Add support for Bravia TVs.
- Better DLNA compliance all around for increased compatibility with devices not officially supported.
- Eliminate the browser toolbar from all versions.
- Add support for transcoding ALAC via the DC-Bass Source filter.
- Can utilize the LAV filters for transcoding when present on the system.
- Restore support for serving subtitle files to devices that change the file extension of the resource URL.
- Synching with iTunes library did not work when the library included Podcast items that were not yet downloaded - this is now fixed.
- Many other bug fixes, including some crashes in edge cases.
Muutokset v2.5 - v2.6
Muutokset v2.4 - v2.5
Muutokset v2.2 - v2.3
Muutokset v2.1 - v2.2
- New Features
- Full support for various Sony Google TVs models.
- Avoid transcoding blu-ray movies with devices that support them.
- Improved support for transcoding Ogg Vorbis files.
- Restore the ability to enter user/password for Hulu (required to access Hulu plus by subscribers.)
- Restore support for RMVB.
- Bug Fixes
- USB drives and network drives are no longer removed from the library after a reboot.
- PS3 no longer stops playing Hulu videos once the 2GB mark is reached.
Muutokset v1.9.3 - v1.9.6
- Pro edition
- More robust server side web browser with better support for BBC iPlayer.
- All editions
- Add device profiles for WDTV Live.
- Add device profiles for various Samsung TV models.
- Add device profiles for Android 3.0 tablets (test with Asus Eeepad Transformer TF101). Plase note that trancoding for Android requires the Pro edition, and only Android 3.0 or higher is supported.
- Add user contributed device profile for Logitech Revue.
- Add user contributed device profile for Windows Phone 7.
- Update user contributed device profile for LG BD930.
- Faster thumbnail generaion for photos.
- Better support for MKV and AVI transcoding.
- Support WEBM files (transcoding requires separate installation of WEBM directshow filters available here).
- Installation wizard now allows choosing a friendly computer name to use when discovered by other devices (i.e. this name will be displayed on TV when detected by a game console or other TV connected devices).
- Perform server side buffering for live streams to avoid stutter on devices that cannot deal with such videos properly (like the PS3 that assumes the video on demand scenario only).
- Run a CPU benchmark after installation to determine optimal transcoding settings for the system.
- Menus created from RSS/ATOM feeds are cleaner (less duplicates, and no unnecessary nesting levels).
- Installation wizard properly configures the system for decoding of MPEG1/2 and DV (assuming proper decoder are installed), and for downmizing of multi-channel audio to stereo so that transcoding can succeed in such cases.
- Media library indexing gives priority to local files and folders (over Internet content).
- Better handling of high bitrate peaks when transcoding such that playback freezes are eliminated or at the very least reduced.
- Installation wizard now configures the Windows firewall on both private and public networks when dealing with Windows 7.
- Move to latest version of ImageMagick which eliminates some rare failures to transcode photos. It also means that we do not need to modify the global ImageMagick registry key and hence we do not interfere with a normal ImageMagick installation.
- Prevent Windows from entering sleep mode when some media is streaming.
- Bug Fixes
- Return “text/xml” as mime type of device description document as required by the UPnP standard.
- Allow pausing playback for up to 4 hours (as opposed to the 2 minute limitation in previous version).
- Server can now gracefully shut down even when something is streaming.
- Fix video indexing by album and by genre.
- Fix server side browse videos to continue streaming without issues even when the audio stops in the middle.
- Fix some rare crashes related to image format conversion, detection of changes in IP addresses assigned to machine, tracking of file/folder changes, enter/exit sleep/hibernation mode and more.
- Various other minor fixes.
Muutokset v1.9.2 - v1.9.3
- New browser toolbar that includes a menu of supported web content sites (facilitates content discovery) and a “subscribe” button (enables 1-click addition of web content to the media library).
- Monitor folders for changes and automatically reflect these changes in the media library.
- Support more than one TVersity instance on the network with the Xbox 360 - this is thanks to the fact that each instance now generates its UDN.
- Monitor changes to network interfaces on the computer and handle those changes correctly.
- Properly handle power management events (sleep, hibernate, resume) and shutdown in terms of SSDP.
- Up to 7x faster indexation of photos.
- Service starts correctly when user name (and hence installation path) includes non English characters.
- Corrupt AVI files can no longer cause the indexation process to spend many minutes on one file - we timeout after 5 seconds per file and skip it.
- Software was mistakenly transcoding mp3 above 128kbps when used with the iPhone - this is no longer the case.
- Album art is now supported for WMA and not just MP3.
- Deliver higher resolution album art when available.
- Playlists were not indexed by folder until the second time the library was refreshed - this is now fixed.
- Simplify and improve the installation wizard:
- Eliminate the configuration wizard (its functionality was merged into the installation wizard).
- Make sure the user has admin rights.
- Remove firewall rules when uninstalling.
- Warn users when skipping installation of ffdshow or when unchecking the firewall checkbox.
- When installing for the first time, the service was always set to automatic start, even when the relevant checkbox was unchecked - this is now fixed.
- Fix some rare crashes as well as many additional minor bugs.
Muutokset v1.8 Beta - v1.9
- Pro edition
- Transcoding to H.264 is now supported and so is HTTP Live Streaming.
- On the fly transcoding for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch including transcoding of local media and web content.
- Full support for the iPad.
- Faster playback start of premium content video.
- Do not show playback controls for Hulu.
- Various bug fixes.
- All editions
- Remove the Ask toolbar and Babylon, in preparation for offering a TVersity toolbar for spontaneous subscription to web content (coming soon).
- Add some user contributed device profiles to profiles.xml.
- Transcoding of FLV with H264 is supported.
- Transcoding of videos in MPEG2 transport streams is supported.
- When transcoding VOB fix a bug where sometimes the wrong audio track was chosen in a multi audio track VOB (always take the first one, which is typically English).
- iPhone and iPad now move to next item automatically when playing music.
- iPhone and iPad new and revamped web interface with support for keyword search.
- Move to ffmpeg 0.6.
- Various bug fixes.
Muutokset v1.7.4 Beta - v1.8 Beta
- Pro edition
- Completely new off-screen browser, based on Google Chromium: runs out of process for increased stability and solves all the known issues with premium content (it used to occasionally fail to start on some systems).
- Premium content site are now defined in an external file (osb.xml), advanced users can easily add their sites.
- List of supported websites can now be updated without requiring a new release, so expect many new sites to be added and pushed to you from now on. (Advanced users should send us their additions since from time to time we overwrite your osb.xml automatically).
- New premium content sites: CNN, Food Network, HGTV, Snag Films, YouTube Movies and Full Episodes
- All Versions
- Update and expand YouTube support to include subscriptions, favorites and playlists by user (in addition to user video uploads which were previously supported). Also support adding YouTube content by search queries (replaces the “by tag” category which YouTube has obsoleted).
- Various minor bug fixes.
Muutokset v1.7.3 Beta - v1.7.4 Beta
- Pro edition
- Add support for mydamnchannel.com.
Muutokset v126.96.36.199 Beta - v1.7.3 Beta
- Pro edition - Bug fixes and minor improvements
- Fix video playback termination after returning from commercial breaks in premium videos (including Hulu).
- Fix rare audible artifacts after returning from commercial breaks in premium videos.
- Fix incorrect video window offset for some premium content sites, which resulted in a trimmed picture.
- All editions - Bug fixes and minor improvements
- Fix corrupted creation date for photos.
- Improved Windows 7 support.
- Add support for flix.co.il.
Muutokset v188.8.131.52 Beta - v184.108.40.206 Beta
- Fix yet another Windows manifest issue.
Muutokset v220.127.116.11 Beta - v18.104.22.168 Beta
- Pro edition
- Playing premium content no longer requires Stereo-Mix and the sound is no longer heard on the PC running TVersity.
- Off-screen browser was giving up on playback too soon when the video was buffering.
- All editions
- Indexing many MP4 files no longer results in memory leaks (and ultimately a crash).
- Upgrade to Sqlite 3.6.14 to eliminate rare cases of library db corruption.
- SSDP discovery did not work on machines with long host names (11 or more characters).
Muutokset v22.214.171.124 RC 7 - v126.96.36.199 Beta
- Pro edition
- Added support for premium content (full list of supported websites is here) via an off-screen web browser coupled with live audio capture.
- Support audio drift compensation to keep audio and video in synch when sound card/driver are not providing samples at the expected frequency (by default this is is disabled, can be enabled via Settings -> Transcoder.)
- GUI has new section under the settings tab for entering user accounts. Users can enter credentials for some premium content sites so that off-screen browser will login to their account. This is required for certain sites to access certain content, and to have other account settings apply (e.g. By logging in, Hulu users can access R rated content, higher quality video, subtitles, resume where they left of and so on.)
- Accept RSS and Atom feeds without media enclosures as long as they link to a video page that the off-screen browser can render. This expands the range of content one can subscribe to considerably. Some sites that are supported that way are Hulu, BBC, Joost, Comedy Central, Marvel, NFL, ESPN and so more.
- Off screen browser can click play on behalf of users for video pages that require it.
- All editions
- Support for HTTP relay server to allows remote access to media library behind firewall. The server side service is not yet launched so one cannot use this feature as of right now (test accounts are available upon request.)
- Move list of media sources to a separate database (admin.db), this way one can add/update/delete media sources during an ongoing library refresh, without getting errors or long delays.
- Simplify the default media library menu structure and fix some minor bugs in indexing.
- Custom media source url fields (like username, tag and search query for sites like Google video, YouTube, Hulu, etc.) are now correctly populated when opening them for edit.
- WMV encoding via ffmpeg was broken and now works again. When enabled, this makes transcoding for 360 faster and less resource intensive.
- Modify the Blackberry profile to issue a maximum file size of 30MB (even when the file is bigger). This seems the maximum AT&T allows over EDGE. Also, add opera mini as a user agent for the Blackberry.
- Modify DIRECTV profiles to accept only MPEG2 video and MPEG1 Layer II or III audio. This solves issues with VCD videos and with DVD with AC3/DTS sound.
- Numerous minor bug fixes and fix some not so minor but very rare concurrecny issues.
Muutokset v188.8.131.52 RC 6 - v184.108.40.206 RC 7
- Task bar icon is no longer displaying the Initializing message indefinitely.
- Reading tags (like genre) from AAC files has been further improved to handle files with bad size header in their ilst atom.
- Flash interface (used on PCs, Wii and any device with Flash7 compatibility) allows arrow key (and mouse wheel) navigation on home page beyond first 3 items.
Muutokset v220.127.116.11 RC 5 - v18.104.22.168 RC 6
- New Features
- Simplified menu structure on TV requiring less steps to reach any given menu option.
- Faster menu navigation on TV, thanks to reduction in metadata size delivered by TVersity.
- PS3 displays date for photos.
- Change default video resolution for transcoded media from 400×300 to 640×480, this reflects improvement in computer processing power over the last few years. If your computer is not fast enough (at least core 2 duo 1.6 Ghz) this resolution will need to be decreased.
- Bug Fixes
- Fix display of high resolution photos on the PS3.
- Handle correctly standard genres (as per ID3v1) in AAC files.
Muutokset v22.214.171.124 RC4 - v126.96.36.199 RC 5
- New Features
- Media source dialog box now has a new checkbox (when “Advanced” is enabled) that allows turning on/off featuring of media in top level menus.
- TVersity, by default, no longer modifies metadata (title, artist, album, etc.) for readability. As before it is a configurable setting.
- User messages were completely rewritten for better clarity and consistency of terminology
- Add a user message for new device detection.
- On Windows Mobile devices, the web interface once again allows playing all items on the page as a WMP playlist.
- Bug Fixes
- Re-transcoding after download completed was occasionally failing - this is now fixed.
- An error message at the end of playback of youtube videos was displayed by some devices (like the DIRECTV set-top-boxes) - the number of cases in which this happens was reduced drastically.
- Playback of certain Internet media was prematurely terminated on some devices - this is now fixed.
- Fix crash on RSS feeds that have no file name in the URL.
- Transcode status was reported incorrectly when serving media from a cached version of a previously transcoded content - this is now fixed.
- UPnP:Browse was returning wrong number of children in some cases - this is now fixed (special thanks to the folks at LINN for reporting it).
- Fix “Not Authorized” issue with Denon 3808 receiver (uses Philips SLA profile) that used to happen when turning the unit on and attempting to use it with TVersity after using it successfully the previous time it was on.
- Many additional minor bug fixes.
Muutokset v188.8.131.52 RC 3 - v184.108.40.206 RC4
- Support for PS3 firmware 2.5.
- YouTube URLs that expire are now automatically re-acquired, eliminating the need to do a refresh of the media source.
- Support for Atom feeds generated by the new YouTube Data API.
- Support for YouTube Playlists (e.g. check this Start Trek playlist). Just add any YouTube playlist URL to TVersity and you are subscribed to it.
- Support for YouTube H.264 videos, devices that can play H.264 but cannot play FLV will now get H.264 from YouTube instead of a transcoded version created from the FLV.
- Support for the high quality videos on YouTube, TVersity will always try the high quality version first and only when not available fall back to the low quality one.
- Support for funnyordie.com video pages. Add for example this page URL to TVersity.
Muutokset v220.127.116.11 RC 3 - v18.104.22.168 RC 3
- Bug Fixes
- GUI did not start on some machines, this should now be fixed for all users.
- Fix DSM 510 profile as per user feedback.
Muutokset v22.214.171.124 RC 2 - v126.96.36.199 RC 3
- New Features
- Raw digital camera image support (crw, cr2, nef, nrw, mrw, orf, raf, dng, erf, x3f, dcr arw, raw, kdc).
- Feature some Internet content during installation to raise awareness for Internet video support in TVersity. This content, if subscribed to, will be available at the root menu of devices.
- Navigation by Folders and by Podcasts is now available at the root menu of devices that have such a menu. These new menu choices combine audio, photo and video items, all in the same place.
- The file extensions mts and m2ts (used for AVCHD videos by HD camcorders) are now recognized and can be streamed to PS3.
- Public media sources are now aggregated in a global repository and will soon be used to offer new content search and discovery features.
- Added a user contributed profile for the DSM 750.
- Bug Fixes
- Music menus on Xbox 360 were not working.
- Some DVD videos were transcoded even when it was not required.
- Some iPhone videos were transcoded even when it was not required.
- A rare sqlite crash was solved by upgrading to the latest release.
- A rare pthreads crash was solved by upgrading to the latest release.
Muutokset v1.0 RC 1 - v188.8.131.52 RC 2
- New Features
- Album art support is now available and is compatible with the Sony PS3 as well as with the HTML interface (PSP, iPhone, Blackberry, etc.) and flash interface (Wii). Album art relies on JPEG files conforming to certain naming conventions that are present in the same folder as music tracks. These files can be created by either Windows Media Player or WinAmp and TVersity will pick them up, or users can add them manually.
- Individual YouTube videos can now be added by pointing the browser to a specific video on YouTube and dragging and dropping the address bar icon to TVersity (or copying and pasting the URL).
- Bug Fixes
- MShare now refreshes as fast as it was in 0.9.11.4.
- No files are periodically added to the Temporary Internet Files folder while the GUI is running (browser caching was turned off).
- Fix crashes when adding/refreshing some FLAC and some MP3 files.
- Flash interface is now more reliable when switching from one live stream to another and then going back to first one.
- TVersity service was failing to start on machines that had a non ASCII character in their hostname.
Muutokset v0.9.11.3 - v0.9.11.4
- Transcoding configuration can now be done on the file/folder/url level, in which case it wil supersede the system wide settings.
- Customizable Menus:
- It is now possible to set the menus to be organized by folders only, this is in additon to the default menu organization and the custom one.
- Turn off transcoding of AVI/DIVX (version 4 or higher) for the Sony PS3 (Divx3 is still transcoded) since firmware 2.1 can play them natively.
- AVI/Divx that do not play natively can still be manually configured to be transcoded. This for examples solves the PS3 problem with Divx files larger than 2 Gb.
- Bug Fixes:
- Do not register a Windows shell context menu command for files (since it gets invoked when double clicking on file types that have no other handlers). The context menu command for folders is still kept since it has no undesirable side effects.
Muutokset v0.9.11.2 - v0.9.11.3
- Support for Xbox 360 2007 Fall update, Divx/Xvid can play natively.
- Support fast-forward, rewind and skipping with Xbox 360 while transcoding, within the portion of the media that was already transcoded.
- Include all the patches for the Sony PS3 firmware verison 2, including support for WMA lossless and FLAC.
- Revert HR20 profile to use PCM audio since many users do not have a firmware with WAV support, and add two new profiles for HR20 with WAV support and for HR20 with MP3 support to be set manually by users that have an adequate firmware.
- Support fast forward and rewind within transcoded media with PS3 firmware 2.
- Add experimental support for Windows Mobile - downloading and streaming audio is now supported with Windows Mobile 5.0 or higher, only MSIE and WMP are required.
Muutokset v0.9.10.8 - v0.9.11.2
- Remote access to the media library is now by default disabled.
- Authentication can be turned on and off for each server directory (both virtual and physical) via config.xml. By default remote access to all directories requires authentication when enabled and is rejected otherwise..
- When enabling remote access to the library via the GUI, a user name and password must be set or else authentication will fail when attempting to access the media library from outside the LAN.
- The web based user interface was moved from the root directory to the /admin directory and the root directory is now equivalent to the /lib directory.
- Note that authentication does not work in conjunction with the Sony PSP RSS reader and must be turned off (by editing config.xml) if remote streaming to this device is desirable.
- Media Library
- Customizable menu hierarchy
- Multiple menu hierarchies can be created and co-exist. In the free version of TVersity this is limited to one custom hierarchy in addition to the default hierarchy.
- Each new media source (file, folder, URLs, RSS feeds, etc.) can have a custom menu location.
- Users can switch between the default TVersity menus and their custom menus; This will immediately affect all devices, with the exception of devices that impose a rigid hierarchy (like the Xbox 360) or devices that require Audio/Photo/Video to be at the root of the hierarchy (like the DSM 320).
- Users can customize the indexing of the default and the custom hierarchy, adding or removing indexes as they see fit. This is done by editing config.xml and not via the GUI.
- File and folders can be tagged now just like URLs and RSS feeds. With folders their entire content will be accessible via the tag (including playlists).
- Fix premature playback termination with firmware 2.0 of the Sony PS3.
- Any Internet audio can now be played on the DirecTV HR20 and no special configuration changes are needed.
- The ActiveTV profile was removed since ActiveTV does not represent any one type of device, furthermore since ActiveTV software has built in support for transcoding, TVersity never transcodes for ActiveTV devices.
- iPhone playback page is now more consistent in its look and feel with the rest of the UI.
- iPhone UI has an about button.
- Nokia N800 RSS reader is now correctly identified.
- Bug fixes and more
- Sample content distributed with TVersity was reduced to YouTube feeds and G4TV podcasts, this will minimize the refresh time and bandwidth consumption upon installation.
- Fix a rare crash in media library refresh.
- The content directory dc:title property is now populated with a valid value as per the UPnP A/V standard.
- Two consecutive dot characters in tags and menu entries are treated as an escaped dot character.
- Fix the markup in RSS feeds generated by TVersity.
- Move to SQLite 3.5.1.
Muutokset v0.9.10.7 - v0.9.10.8
Muutokset v0.9.10.6 - v0.9.10.7
- Apple iPhone Support
- Point Safari on the iPhone to http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:41952/iphone to see this in action. When using an EDGE connection use http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:41952/iphone/edge. In both cases xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of the machine running TVersity.
- You can access your home media collection in the home and on the go however in each of these cases a different IP address is needed and you may need to establish a port forwarding in order to access it on the go.
- When video transcoding is needed the iPhone cannot start playback until the entire conversion is completed, this is a restriction of the MP4/MOV/3GPP containers when streamed over HTTP (and since the iPhone does not support RTSP/RTP there is no way around it at the moment).
- Bug fixes and more
- Transcoding of audio formats (such as FLAC and OGG) to PCM (for Xbox 360 and DirectTV HR20) was broken in one of the previous release and is now fixed.
- The iPod/iTunes profile now creates MP4 videos that are compatible with the iPod. This is unlike the MPEG1/2 which was previously used and with which iTunes needed to do another conversion before copying it to the iPod.
- Fix rare crashes occurring when stopping the sharing service while some files are being downloaded in the background.
- Fix a rare hanging during media library construction when reading AVI files with certain pecularities in their header.
Muutokset v0.9.10.5 - v0.9.10.6
- Bug fixes and more
- Fix security hole allowing access to URLs of the form:
- Fixed infinite loop when reading tags from certain large MP4 files.
- Fixed a rare crash during media library refresh related to background downloads (more specifically related to DNS cache management issues by CURL).
- The transcoder can now gracefully recover from an occasional corrupted time stamp when decoding media and produce a valid transcoding result.
- Fixed problem with new version notification where it was repeatedly displayed in some rare cases.
- The shell menu extension for sharing files and folders no longer fails for files and folders that have the & or = characters in their name.
Muutokset v0.9.10.3 - v0.9.10.5
- User Interface
- One click "Add to TVersity" from third party websites via a new button; Partner websites can use this new button with media URLs and RSS / OPML / ATOM / RDF feeds to allow their users to add content to TVersity in one click. We will soon announce the first batch of content sites that will add this button. Here is an example button that adds a G4TV RSS feed:
- One click sharing via TVersity from Windows explorer; Right click on any file or folder and you will now find a “Share via TVersity” option.
- Automatic Updates; The UI now issues an alert message when a new version is available and provides a direct link for downloading it.
- Reading of AVI tags can now be turned on/off.
- There is a new variable allowing one to define the maximum number of items per RSS feed TVersity should process (the rest are ignored). This is important with feeds that keep their entire history, which in some cases can be thousands of items.
- Several different WMV versions are now supported when encoding video, all of which can be selected from the GUI. The versions are: MSMPEG4v3, WMV7, WMV8, and WMV9.
- There is an experimental support for encoding to WMV via ffmpeg instead of via Directshow.
- Content Guides and Media Library
- New radio directory by radiotime.com for music and talk radio (channels and shows) organized by genre
- TVersity now comes with the G4TV feeds added as a sample video feed.
- TVersity now supports OPML, this is one more format like RSS / ATOM / RDF (which were already supported) for importing metadata from third party websites.
- Accept files with m2t extension (MPEG2 transport stream).
- PS3 support
- MPEG2 produced by TVersity now works on the PS3, which gives the user an option between MPEG1 and MPEG2 (in the past only MPEG1 produced by TVersity worked on the PS3).
- The copy to PS3 hard drive feature now works when browsing via TVersity.
- Bug fixes and more
- Fix issues with playlists that have items with relative path and add support for absolute pathnames in playlists that have a UNC path (or are located on a network drive).
- The sharing service no longer exits when the user loggs off.
- Conversion of media for playback on some target device, via the flash interface now works again (was broken in the previous relaese but worked in earlier ones).
- Better handling of icecast URLs.
- Metacafe RSS feeds and URLs now work again.
Muutokset v0.9.10.2 - v0.9.10.3
- Support the Sony PS3 firmware 1.8 - From firmware 1.8 there is no need to use the Adobe Flash interface for the PS3 (it is still the only way to stream media to the Nintendo Wii). You can now access your entire audio, photo and video collection from the PS3 dashboard, including Internet Radio/TV, RSS feeds and more. The changes from the previously released patch are:
- Internet radio now works on the PS3. First playback attempt is likely to fail with an “Access to the media server has been denied” message (or “unsupported data” message), this is because the PS3 does not wait long enough for the data to be fetched over the Internet. After this failure, wait a few seconds and try playing this same station again. Assuming a connection to that station was possible, there won’t be an error message, however the actual playback may take up to two minutes and more to start since the PS3 requires about 1 MB of data before it initiates playback.
- Internet video and transcoded content starts playing faster than it used to (saving about 5 seconds).
- Library refresh is now reflected on the PS3 and on any other device that checks the media server for updates (leaving a folder that has updates and then going back to it is required in order to see the changes).
- When moving from one Internet video to another, previously the older video was not always terminated, this is now fixed.
- Issues with green bars or distorted colors when playing via PS3 were resolved.
- The TVersity icon is now shown by the Ps3.
- Support the Xbox 360 spring update This includes hierarchical video browsing and native playback of MPEG4 (including H.264 and AAC). Changes from the previously released patch are:
- TVersity can now produce WMV7 or WMV8 or WMV9 or MSMPEG4V3 once can switch between them by seting the wmProfile variable in config.xml to one of wmv7, wmv8, wmv9, mp43.
- TVersity can now encode to WMV in two methods, the first is via directshow (which always existed and still is the default) and the second is via ffmpeg. While for now only wmv8 can be produced via ffmpeg, it is slightly faster than directshow and hence it may prove beneficial in certain cases.
- Conversion to WMV of MJPEG with mono audio no longer fails.
- Improved Adobe flash library interface (for Nintendo Wii or any web browser with support for Flash 7 or higher)
- Solve the occasional interface locks during browsing.
- Add a download button that is more accessible and does not require any menu selection, but rather considers the currently selected profile.
- More reliably termintate previously played Internet streamed when moving to new ones.
- Stop playing current media when the GUI is minimized to the tray icon.
- Other fixes and improvements
- Reading tags from Avi files is now turned off by default. It can be turned on by setting the readAVITags variable in config.xml.
- The TVersity service is now starting more reliably during a reboot, waiting, if necessary, for the networking to finish initializing, instead of quitting if it is not already initialized when Tversity is started.
- Correctly detect some cases where transcoding is not needed, and were mistakenly transcoded in the past.
- Do not block every URL with two consecutive dot characters, but rather check if the canonical path is shared or not and based on this determine if to allow ot deny access to it. This solves some playlist related playback issues.
- The device selection menu in the settings tab of the GUI, has now a scrollbar.
- Fix image browsing for the DirectTV HR20.
- Faster response time when searching the media library.
- Fixed some crashes during library refresh.
Muutokset v0.9.10.2 - v0.9.10.2 (Patch)
- A patch for hierarchical video browsing with the Xbox 360 2007 spring update
Muutokset v0.9.10.1 - v0.9.10.2
- Better support for the Nintendo Wii
- The Adobe Flash interface for the Wii and PS3 is now fully operational via cursor motion/clicks and it no longer requires the use of arrow keys. This change was made to better support the Nintendo Wii. The main changes are:
- There is a new “up one level” button that is always visible and is more accessible than the one in the toolbar.
- The scroll bars are larger and allow page scrolling in addition to single item scrolling.
- Playback controls are displayed once the cursor is moved to the bottom of the screen.
- Better support for the DirectTV HR20
- Images at resolutions higher than 1920×1080 are now downsampled since this device cannot handle very high resolutions.