Muutoshistoria ohjelmalle AVIAddXSubs
Muutokset v9.14 - v9.15
- Added option "Merge mkv and idx/sub" (Configuration 2 tab). If this option is checked AVIAddXSubs merges mkv files with idx/sub subtitles generated from srt. It appears that some TVs support idx/sub only if they are merged with mkv and not as separate files. This options automates idx/sub incorporation to mkv files instead of using, as an additional manual step, mkvmerge GUI to do the same. This to work mkvmerge.exe utility has to be copied in AVIAddxSubs installation directory.
Muutokset v9.13 - v9.14
Muutokset v9.12 - v9.13
- Improved handling of ffmpeg to automatically convert mp4/mkv files to avi format for XSUB subtitles incorporation. Now there is a screen that shows the conversion progress and also AVIAddXSubs can inform the user in case the conversion fails for any reason. Additionally now the user is able to edit the ffmpeg command line parameters and be able to experiment for various conversion results in matters of file size, video quality, speed of conversion, used encoders/decoders etc. Users are strongly advised to use the ffmpeg version provided from here (http://www.calcitapp.com/ffmpeg.zip) as is the one I made all my tests and seems to work very well. Checking with various files I never had a failed conversion.
Muutokset v9.11 - v9.12
- Fixed bug with avi files bigger than 4GB with more than one audio streams.
Muutokset v9.10 - v9.11
- Added ability for automatic conversion of mp4/mkv files to their avi equivalent so users can incorporate XSUB subtitles. Please note that this conversion is accomplished through ffmpeg command line executable that has to be downloaded separately. For more information on how to enable this feature read "Converting mp4/mkv to avi for XSUB subtitle incorporation" in the manual.
- IdxSub2Srt removed from zip as obsolete.
Muutokset v9.9 - v9.10
- Support for Right Click context menu in 64bit Windows. Tested in Win7 64 bit. Now you can activate the program through right click menu over AVI, MKV, MP4, SRT and folders. Please remember that only idx/sub subtitles are supported for MKV, MP4 video files.
Muutokset v9.8 - v9.9
- Option "Overscan" is replaced with "SubWidth". The new option, too, affects the way the subtitle text is rearranged to fit in the defined bitmap Width. Previously, if "Oversan" was checked, the bitmap width was reduced about 13.5% in the calculations to fit subtitle text. Now this is replaced with a percentage value of the bitmap width. Its default value is 87% which has the same effect with "Overscan" checked. The user now has more flexibility to decide the percentage in any number below or even above 100% of the bitmap width. Values above 100% apply in cases the player's firmware shrinks the subtitle bitmap and when option "Full Screen" is unchecked.
Muutokset v9.7 - v9.8
- Fixed bug in the conversion of idx/sub to XSUB.
- Enhanced compatibility in the generation of idx/sub subtitles from srt.
Muutokset v9.6 - v9.7
- Now the audio stream text description (language info etc) is retained in the creation of the new file with the incorporated XSUB subtitles
- Now is possible for the user to create chapters not based in a specified time interval but also at time points that specifically chooses. This is accomplished through a separated text file with same name as the avi but with extension .chp. This file contains a list with time points representing the wished chapters. The time points are expressed with the familiar srt time info: 00:00:00:000 (Hour, minutes, seconds, milliseconds). Every chapter time point is placed in a different line in the text file.
- Now Right Click context menu works on srt files too.
Muutokset v9.4 - v9.5
- Fixed a problem with language display of XSUB subtitles in some players including DivX Player in Windows.
Muutokset v9.3 - v9.4
- Fixed bug in case of multi subtitle incorporation (or idx/sub creation) when various custom subtitle bitmap resolutions (at subtitle bitmap group of options) was used. Because of this bug an error message appeared about subtitles not able to fit in the given resolution.
Muutokset v9.2 - v9.3
- "Break long lines" is replaced by a new option "Rearrange Subtitle Text (Optimize)". This option takes three values. "When very long", "Always" and "Never". Now the user has the option to optimize (rearrange) subtitle text in every case, even when the text is calculated it fits in the given resolution. In this case, the user, selects "Always".
- Added option "Overscan". This option affects the operation of "Rearrange Subtitle Text" option mentioned above. If checked then the defined horizontal resolution it shrinks about 13% to adapt to the overscan effect that TV sets have when connected to the player with analogue connections. Some part of the picture, left and right, is cut off or goes out of screen. This effect it doesn't appear when HDMI is used. Please note that until this version "Overscan" it was considered by default checked. So now the user can uncheck this option if HDMI is used and wishes the "Rearrange" option to utilize a bigger width in its text optimizations.
- Minor bug fixes.
Muutokset v9.1 - v9.2
- Added option to generate YUV (instead of RGB) values for idx/sub color palette.
- Added option to condense or expand the normal width of the selected font. The user can enter a value that represents a percentage of the normal font width. Values less than 100% generate condensed font, greater than 100% generate expanded font.
Muutokset v9.0 - v9.1
- Added option "Do not copy avi when no XSUB". Useful for those they want to generate only idx/sub subtitles. If this option is checked and there are no XSUB subtitles to be incorporated in the avi then the original avi will not be copied in the output directory. Please note that there are some cases that you want this copy even without XSUB subtitles in it. For example to apply "unpack packed bitstream" that makes some players to have a smoother playback.
- Added option "Do not convert idx/sub to XSUB". When you do only idx/sub generation and no need XSUB incorporation in avi then you can disable the reading of idx/sub to be converted as XSUB, checking this option. This will avoid confusion at some point of repeating the operation when the program will get its idx/sub output as input this time and convert it to XSUB.
- Now you can generate idx/sub without the presence of a video (avi) file. This way you can use the program to subtitle a mkv file. In this case the program will ask you about the frame rate of the AVI. At the moment only two frame rates are supported, for NTSC and PAL (23.976 and 25 FPS).
Muutokset v8.3 - v9.0
- Now, additionally to incorporate XSUB subtitles in avi, is possible to generate idx/sub subtitle files. Some players support this kind of subtitles and give very good result when at the same time do not support XSUB or with problems. Users can now choose the subtitle type that gives the best results in their DivX/XVid Player. Please note that because one idx/sub file can package many subtitles and provides only one color palette for all, the colors of the first subtitle will apply to all regardless what the user has choose for each one of the rest. But other characteristics like font, font size, bold etc, can be applied separately for any of the packaged subtitles.
- The "SRT Extension" option is changed a bit. Now the dash character (-) is not added automatically so the user can place it optionally in "SRT Extension" or use another character in its place or none at all. For example, for an avi file "lost0101.avi" and "SRT Extension" "-en" will load the "lost0101-en.srt". Using ".en" will load the "lost0101.en.srt" and so on.
Muutokset v8.2 - v8.3
- Now is possible to incorporate subtitles coming from the combination of many srt and one idx/sub file. Please note that the total of incorporated subtitles cannot be over 8. Because idx/sub can contain many subtitles you have to ensure that the total of subtitles from srt and idx/sub will not pass this specifications limit. AVIAddXSubs automatically forces this limit with subtitles coming from srt to have the priority. So, for example, if you incorporate 8 subtitles from srt will not leave space for subtitles from idx/sub.
Muutokset v8.1 - v8.2
- "Use SRT of SUB 1" is replaced with a more flexible option, "SRT extension". In this option is entered a literal which is added after a dash in the name of the avi to compose the file name of the srt to load. So for every tab (SUB 1-8) and through this option, is defined a srt to be loaded this way: [AVI name]+[dash]+[SRT extension]+[.srt]. In case the "SRT extension" is empty in a SUB tab then the srt loaded from it has exactly the same name as the avi. In case you wish to add the same srt but with different configurations then enter the same "SRT extension" n SUB tabs.
- "Move srt to output directory" option added. If this option is checked then the srt is copied to the output directory after a successful subtitle incorporation.