Muutoshistoria ohjelmalle Restore Point Creator (Portable)
Muutokset v6.8 Build 1 - v6.9 Build 2
Muutokset v6.7 Build 3 - v6.8 Build 1
Muutokset v6.6 Build 1 - v6.7 Build 3
Muutokset v6.5 Build 2 - v6.5 Build 3
Muutokset v6.4 Build 1 - v6.5 Build 2
Muutokset v6.3 Build 4 - v6.4 Build 1
Muutokset v6.3 Build 3 - v6.3 Build 4
Muutokset v6.3 Build 2 - v6.3 Build 3
Muutokset v6.3 Build 1 - v6.3 Build 2
Muutokset v6.2 Build 2 - v6.3 Build 1
Muutokset v6.2 Build 1 - v6.2 Build 2
Muutokset v6.1 Build 1 - v6.2 Build 1
Muutokset v6.0 Build 1 - v6.1 Build 1
Muutokset v5.9 Build 1 - v6.0 Build 1
Muutokset v5.8 Build 3 - v5.9 Build 1
Muutokset v5.6 Build 1 - v5.8 Build 3
Muutokset v5.6 Build 1 - v5.7 Build 1
Muutokset v5.5 Build 1 - v5.6 Build 1
Muutokset v5.4 Build 1 - v5.5 Build 1
Muutokset v5.3 Build 1 - v5.4 Build 1
Muutokset v5.2 Build 1 - v5.3 Build 1
Muutokset v5.1 Build 1 - v5.2 Build 1
Muutokset v5.0 Build 2 - v5.1 Build 1
Muutokset v4.7 Build 2 - v4.7 Build 9
Muutokset v4.5 Build 2 - v4.6 Build 1
Muutokset v4.3 Build 2 - v4.4 Build 1
Muutokset v4.1 Build 4 - v4.1 Build 5
Muutokset v3.9 Build 3 - vv4.0 Build 1
Muutokset v3.8 Build 2 - v3.9 Build 3
Muutokset v3.7 Build 3 - v3.8 Build 2
Muutokset v3.6 Build 10 - v3.7 Build 3
Muutokset v3.5 Build 8 - v3.5 Build 9
Muutokset v3.5 Build 6 - v3.5 Build 7
Muutokset v3.4 Build 17 - v3.5 Build 1
Muutokset v3.4 Build 12 - v3.4 Build 17
Muutokset v3.3 Build 3 - v3.3 Build 4
Muutokset v3.3 Build 2 - v3.3 Build 3
Muutokset v3.2 Build 18 - v3.2 Build 19
Muutokset 3.2 Build 17 - v3.2 Build 18
Muutokset v3.2 Build 6 - v3.2 Build 13
Muutokset v3.2 Build 5 - v3.2 Build 6
Muutokset v2.9 Build 2 - v2.9 Build 3
- This is an emergency release. Includes additional fixes for event logging.
Muutokset v2.9 Build 1 - v2.9 Build 2
- This is an emergency release. Includes fixes for some users who reporting crash reports for the System Event logger. Includes some fixes for Shadow Storage-related crashes. Includes some small user interface tweaks as well.
Muutokset v2.8 Build 4 - v2.9 Build 1
- Whew! Nine beta builds later… Includes more fixes for Windows 10. Fixed multiple issues that may cause the program to crash when attempting to create scheduled restore points. Implemented logging messages to Windows Event Log for better tracking of what the program is doing. Implemented checks in the program to determine if the program is running as SYSTEM (such as when it’s creating scheduled restore points) to prevent certain functions of the program from running due to Microsoft imposed limitations on the SYSTEM user. Fixed several issues with creating scheduled restore points in which users may not have them created. Changed the default name for scheduled restore points so that it’s not in conflict with the default name that’s used to create checkpoints in the program’s GUI. Includes fixes to the function that determines if a restore point is needed by the scheduled restore point creation function when combined with custom names. Rewrote and simplified the code used to determine if a scheduled restore point is needed based upon the Every preference. Includes fixes to the function used by the program to parse restore point creation dates into Date objects.
Muutokset v2.8 Build 2 - v2.8 Build 4
- Includes some additional fixes for machines that may have broken System Restore. Fixed a regression in which in some circumstances scheduled restore points may not be created.
Muutokset v2.8 Build 1 - v2.8 Build 2
- Minor update to Build 1. Tweaked the width of the Disk Space Usage Window to be wider.
Muutokset v2.7 Build 1 - v2.8 Build 1
- Fixed a rare issue in which the function that creates restore points may crash with a Null Reference Exception. Thanks goes out to Alan Pfleger for pointing this out to me in a bug report. Fixed a possible SecurityException crash that may occur in the toolStripMyComputer Click event. Thanks goes out to Gabriel Moises for pointing this out to me in a bug report. Fixed a possible UnauthorizedAccessException crash that may occur in the application startup routine. Thanks goes out to Donald Herbert for pointing this out to me in a bug report. Includes some optimizations to code in the program startup routine that's used to verify and parse certain registry values. Unified the code used to parse restore point creation date strings into Date objects. Includes some user interface fixes for Windows XP.
Muutokset v2.6 Build 12 - v2.7 Build 1
- Includes additional fixes for issues in Safe Mode. Included the ability to set a custom name for scheduled restore points. You can set your custom name by going to System Restore Point Utilities, Schedule creation of System Restore Points, and then clicking on the Set Custom Restore Point Name for Scheduled Restore Points button.
Muutokset v2.6 Build 10 - v2.6 Build 12
- Improved upon the “Restore to Selected System Restore Point in Safe Mode” functionality that will eliminate the possibility of machines ending up in a Safe Mode boot loop in which the user can’t get out of it. Though this issue was quite rare, I felt that even a tiny possibility was unacceptable. The changes include creating a whole new boot entry in the Windows BCDStore to reboot the machine with. Unfortunately this change will result in some user interaction when the machine reboots into Safe Mode which was something that I was trying to avoid to make the process as seamless as possible but integrity of the boot process is far more important.
Muutokset v2.6 Build 8 - v2.6 Build 10
- Fixed an issue in the Manage System Restore Point Space tool in which clicking on a drive with no shadow storage space allocated to the drive may cause the program to crash. Thanks goes out to Peter for pointing this issue out to me.
- March 19, 2015 — Version 2.6 Build 8
- Included the ability to create a restore point at user login. You can have it create the restore point immediately when a user logs in or after a user set period of time.
Muutokset v2.6 Build 3 - v2.6 Build 8
- Included the ability to create a restore point at user login. You can have it create the restore point immediately when a user logs in or after a user set period of time.
Muutokset v2.6 Build 2 - v2.6 Build 3
- Fixed a very big issue in which the restore point storage space was being resized by the program when it didn’t need to be. This caused systems to lose restore points. As far as bugs go, this one was nasty. I apologize deeply to the users of this program, this bug should have never occurred.
Muutokset v2.6 Build 1 - v2.6 Build 2
- Added an additional setting to the Task Scheduler portion of the program to set the task of creating scheduled restore points up to run the task if the task is missed. Made some additional changes for the future Windows 10.
Muutokset v2.5 Build 3 - v2.6 Build 1
- Fixed an issue in the automatic update checking function that executes after a user specified amount of time at program load in which it wasn’t obeying the concept of a minor update. Implemented a very important new function that may help in restoring your system to past restore points if attempting to restore in normal Windows fails; “Restore to Selected System Restore Point in Safe Mode”. All you have to do is select a restore point to restore to, press the button and then the program will set your system up to automatically boot into Safe Mode. Once your system comes up into Safe Mode the program will re-launch in Safe Mode, remove the setting to boot your system into Safe Mode, and then start the restoration process back to your pre-selected restore point. It’s a completely seamless operation. You simply select a restore point, press a button, and your system does all the work for you. Note, this feature is not available in Windows XP and won’t come to Windows XP due to the differences in Windows XP’s boot loader.
Muutokset v2.5 Build 2 - v2.5 Build 3
- This is a minor update to Build 2 in which the Enable and Disable radio buttons on the Manage System Restore Storage Space windows has been removed due to the inability to determine if the space is reserved for actual System Restore usage. Windows doesn’t provide an API to determine this.
Muutokset v2.5 Build 1 - v2.5 Build 2
- Changed some menu terms. Moved the Change Log menu item to the About menu. Implemented a fix in the code to (hopefully) fix a rare crash issue involving the Please Wait window.
Muutokset v2.4 Build 26 - v2.5 Build 1
- First version 2.5 build. This new version no longer needs the DLL files they are now again being embedded in the main executable.
Muutokset v2.4 Build 25 - v2.4 Build 26
- Windows XP support has been officially pulled from this program. The setup program will no longer allow an installation on Windows XP and the program, starting with this version, a notification stating that it’s highly recommended to upgrade to a newer version of Windows such as Windows 7 will be displayed every time the program runs. Microsoft has stopped Windows Update from working on Windows XP, even for those people who used the Registry hack to make it look like Windows POS Ready. Windows XP is no longer secure to use on the public Internet, there are far too many publically known exploits capable of being used against Windows XP. Please, for the sake of the larger Internet community, stop using Windows XP.
Muutokset v2.4 Build 23 - v2.4 Build 25
- Preliminary support for the new Windows 10 has been added to the program. Specific parts of the user interface needed to be changed to follow the new terms that Windows 10 uses. The Change Log window’s text box is now read-only.
Muutokset v2.4 Build 22 - v2.4 Build 23
- A webRequest exception is no longer being treated as a program crash, it’s now an error that is fully handled.
Muutokset v2.4 Build 21 - v2.4 Build 22
- Included a possible fix to a crash when attempting to write to the restore point deletion log file.
Muutokset v2.4 Build 19 - v2.4 Build 20
- Includes possible fix for crash in the checkForMyComputerRightClickOption() routine.
Muutokset v2.4 Build 17 - v2.4 Build 19
- Fixed checking of DLL existence checks at application initialization. If not found, the program will download a program from my web site to auto-correct the issue and download missing DLLs.
Muutokset v2.4 Build 16 - v2.4 Build 17
- This is a minor update to Build 16. Updated the program’s changelog window to pull the data from a new location on the web site. Rich Text is now being used instead of HTML.
Muutokset v2.4 Build 15 - v2.4 Build 16
- This is a minor update to Build 15. Fixed a possible crash when double-clicking on the program’s clock tray icon.
Muutokset v2.4 Build 14 - v2.4 Build 15
- Fixed a bug that prevented the program from functioning in Windows Safe Mode.
Muutokset v2.4 Build 12 - v2.4 Build 14
- Fixed a bug on the Log File Viewer in which a crash could occur if the file was open by another program. Why that would occur, I have no idea, but the fix is in place.
Muutokset v2.4 Build 11 - v2.4 Build 12
- Fixed multiple bugs in the new No UAC Launcher code on systems that have multiple administrator-type users. Due to limitations in the Windows operating system a set of tasks used to launch the program with no UAC prompt must be created for each user that’s part of the Administrators user group. To make sure that the Windows Task Scheduler isn’t littered with tasks for this program, all tasks will be created in a sub-folder of the root Task Scheduler folder. Fixed a bug in which the program would not prompt for a UAC prompt when running from a user that’s not part of the Administrator user group
Muutokset v2.4 Build 9 - v2.4 Build 10
- Required DLLs are no longer being embedded in the executable. The updater program will download necessary DLLs as part of the updating process.
Muutokset v2.4 Build 7 - v2.4 Build 8
- Removed the functionality to repair System Restore by enabling it on all system drives. I have restricted the functionality to just the system drive, the drive upon which the currently running instance of Windows is installed on (usually the C: drive in a large amount of cases). I have since removed the “Disable repair of System Restore on System drives” function from the UI because it essentially isn’t needed anymore.
Muutokset v2.3 Build 13 - v2.3 Build 14
- Minor update. Fixed the viewing of the changelog.
Muutokset v2.3 Build 12 - v2.3 Build 13
- Added a window to show the program’s official change log. Fixed an issue in which double-clicking on the tray icon for the program didn’t bring the program’s window back.
Muutokset v2.3 Build 10 - v2.3 Build 12
- Fixed the Task Scheduler in which it wasn’t reading the days of the week on which a task is scheduled to run if the program was being run on a non-English Windows operating system. The program now loads the changelog from the web page and presents it to the user to tell them what changed.
Muutokset v2.3 Build 9 - v2.3 Build 10
- The program now allows users to delete all restore points including the most recent System Restore Point. However, default settings for the program is setup so that it won’t allow you to do so. To enable this you must go to “Program Options/Settings” and then click on “Allow for deletion of all System Restore Points”.
Muutokset 2.3 Build 8 - v2.3 Build 9
- Removed the Windows System Service checking code that was introduced with Build 8, seems that there is some issues that have cropped up in trying to fix machines that have been having issues with creating restore points. The code was put into the program to try and repair existing installations of Windows on which System Restore is broken. I am from now on not going to try to fix these machines and instead forward those users to the program that I linked to on Tweaking.com.
Muutokset v2.3 Build 6 - v2.3 Build 7
- Included a possible fix for those people who were having an issue with a program crash while attempting to create a restore point. I was able to reproduce the crash in my Windows 8.1 Update 1 virtual machine installation by purposely breaking System Restore and I was able to write some code to fix it, at least one such possible breakage of System Restore that may cause this crash. This is a mandatory update for all users of this program.
Muutokset v2.3 Build 5 - v2.3 Build 6
- This is a minor update for users of Build 5. Fixed some issues on the user interface in which the Restore Point Name didn’t go gray if a default restore point name was set to something and if the Restore Point Name textbox lost focus.
Muutokset v2.3 Build 4 - v2.3 Build 5
- Added a possible fix for a crash that occurs on some machines when trying to create restore points. No code obfuscation is enabled on this version, Avast doesn’t seem to like it and considers it malware if the program’s executable is obfuscated so that it can’t be de-compiled.
Muutokset v2.3 Build 3 - v2.3 Build 4
- Added the ability to turn off the program’s routine that checks for full shadow storage space. The option to turn it off is in the Program Options/Settings menu.
Muutokset v2.3 Build 2 - v2.3 Build 3
- Minor change to the Disk Space Usage window in which the disk space usage bars have been re-arranged. In prior versions the “Shadow Storage Space Usage” was on the left and the “Total Disk Space Usage” was on the right. Now, they have been switched around. The “Total Disk Space Usage” was on the left and “Shadow Storage Space Usage” is on the right. I have done this because I felt that the “Total Disk Space Usage” is a bit more important to look at than the “Shadow Storage Space Usage”. Also, the “Total Disk Space Usage” bar was improperly sized for drives that don’t have any Shadow Storage assigned to it; this has been fixed.
Muutokset v2.2 Build 14 - v2.3 Build 2
- Added the ability to set a default custom named restore point name. Made it so that you can turn off the notification that the program gives after deleting restore points and creating restore points. The message will still appear if something goes wrong though. Added code to detect general WMI errors and gives you an error message about where you can find help. Fixed a possible crash in which the restore point deletion log file may become locked. The method of opening the file has been changed to result in an exclusive lock over the log file. Changed the Windows API that’s used by the program to create restore points. Hopefully this should solve some issues that some people were having with creating restore points with this program.
Muutokset v2.2 Build 13 - v2.2 Build 14
- Fixed the crash window in which the crash data wasn’t being loaded into the textbox. I commented out the code by mistake.
Muutokset v2.2 Build 11 - v2.2 Build 13
- Reworked some of the System Service startup mode manipulation code. If you have the problem mentioned in Build 12′s changelog, you will have to download a new copy of the program and install it over the existing installation as versus getting the update through the program. Once you have the new version, launch Restore Point Creator as normal and the program will correct the problem for you and ask you to reboot your machine.
- Included code in the application initialization phase to check the startup mode of the Volume Shadow Copy System Service. If the System Service’s startup mode isn’t Manual the program is instructed to set the startup mode to Manual. Normally this shouldn’t ever have to be repaired but for whatever reason there have been a number of people who have had a Windows error code 0×81000202 which seem to point to the System Service being disabled. Code has been put into place to try and correct this.
Muutokset v2.2 Build 10 - v2.2 Build 11
- Removed the crash reporting form from the program. It’s not working at all for whatever reason. I have instead put a link in the program to open to a web page where people can submit the crash data manually. This should be far more accurate in getting the data to me.
Muutokset v2.2 Build 9 - v2.2 Build 10
- This is a minor update. Fixed an annoying cosmetic issue on the main window in which the Restore Point Name textbox didn’t go back to grayed-out box with the text “Type in a name for your custom-named System Restore Point…” in it in all situations when it lost focus. This should have been the case but for whatever reason it didn’t always do it in rare occasions.
Muutokset v2.2 Build 7 - v2.2 Build 9
- Fixed a crash on the Disk Space Usage window that was caused by what I’m embarrassed to admit as a very dumb mistake in the code.
Muutokset v2.2 Build 6 - v2.2 Build 7
- This is a minor update to build 6. Removed something from view that shouldn’t have been visible on Windows XP machines. Included a notification for Windows XP users that will appear after April 8th, 2014 notifying them that Microsoft has pulled official support for Windows XP. I have mentioned in the notification that the program will continue to function as intended on Windows XP past April 8th, 2014 but that I (the developer) strongly encourage the user to upgrade to (at the very least) Windows 7.
Muutokset v2.2 Build 5 - v2.2 Build 6
- Fixed a possible crash on the Disk Space Usage window in which it doesn’t handle an Unauthorized Access Exception gracefully. Code has been put into place to catch the exception and skip the drive if this particular exception is raised.
Muutokset v2.2 Build 4 - v2.2 Build 5
- This is a minor update to build 4. The AutoFix routine on the Drives with Full Restore Point Reserved Space window now gives more details as to what exactly it did. Is now displays the old size, the new size, and how much it increased the old size by. I have upgraded my development environment from Visual Studio Express 2012 to Visual Studio Express 2013.
Muutokset v2.2 Build 3 - v2.2 Build 4
Muutokset v2.1 Build 10 - v2.2 Build 3
- Minor improvement to the fix included in Build 2. After the fix is applied the program is now instructed to ask the user to reboot his/her computer.
Muutokset v2.1 Build 9 - v2.1 Build 10
- Performance improvements have been done to the Manage System Restore Storage Space window in which on some machines the initialization phase of the window may take a long time to complete. A fix has been put into place by changing how and where the program is loading the data. Loading specific drive data has been given a Please Wait window so the user will now know that the program is working on something and hasn’t just locked up. This is the first mandatory update since Build 5.
Muutokset v2.1 Build 8 - v2.1 Build 9
Muutokset v2.1 Build 6 - v2.1 Build 8
Muutokset v2.1 Build 5 - v2.1 Build 6
- This is a minor update to build 5, this is not a mandatory update. Minor improvements to the task scheduler. The “Save Max Age” routine has been added to the “Save Task” routine so you don’t have to press two buttons. In the future, if you want to change the “Max Age” setting you can do so by just clicking on the “Save Max Age” button. Added a “Set Bar Color” under Program Options on the main window. Changed “Program Options” to “Program Options/Settings” to be more clear about what it is.
Muutokset v2.1 Build 2 - v2.1 Build 5
- Minor improvements to the “My Computer” right-click context menu entries in which now there are appropriate program icons associated with the entries instead of a blank icon (on Windows XP) or a UAC shield on Windows Vista or newer. Renamed the “Create Custom Named System Restore” menu entry to “Create Custom Named System Restore Point”. Added “Launch Restore Point Creator” as a new menu entry to launch Restore Point Creator from the “My Computer” right-click context menu.
Muutokset v2.0 Build 1 - v2.1 Build 1
Muutokset v1.9 Build 4 - v2.0 Build 1
Muutokset v1.9 Build 3 - v1.9 Build 4
- Fixed it so that the Please Wait window can’t be closed by using the window’s X button in the upper right-hand corner of the window. Only the thread that spawned the Please Wait window can close the window. Fixed a minor issue in which the button to create a custom-named restore point was re-enabled when it shouldn’t have been re-enabled. This is a minor update to build 3.
Muutokset v1.9 Build 2 - v1.9 Build 3
Muutokset v1.8 Build 6 - v1.9 Build 2
Muutokset v1.8 Build 5 - v1.8 Build 6
- Fixed a very rare crash that could occur if the program was launched immediately after updating the program and the updater/patcher program was still running. This was fixed by searching for instances of updater/patcher program processes and killing it before attempting to delete it.
Muutokset v1.8 Build 3 - v1.8 Build 5
- Fixed an issue with creating a restore point in which the program said that an error occured but in reality it didn’t. There was a typo in one of the lines of code that resulted in one of the API constants to have an incorrect internal error code number. Changed behavior of the function that creates restore points using the Jump List Tasks and the right-click options on “My Computer”, before a message box appeared when the task was completed. Now, a message box appears only if the task failed to create a restore point. With this change if you don’t get a message you can assume that things went alright and a restore point was created properly.
Muutokset v1.8 Build 1 - v1.8 Build 3
- Fixed a possible issue in which the “every” variable for the “Every other X days” on the Task Scheduler window could be filled in with invalid data and thus could cause a program crash at a later date.
- Fixed the scheduled task EXE path repair routine. Before I was checking to see if the executable path for the scheduled task existed; now I simply change the scheduled task’s executable path regardless of whether or not the executable file exists if it doesn’t match the current process executable path.
- Fixed a crash upon loading restore points in which a System.ArgumentException can occur with an error message that states “An item with the same key has already been added”. This is because I store the encoded date of the restore point in the program’s memory in an array. Ordinarily this should never happen because each restore point should have a unique numerical ID assigned to it but I had one person say that the program crashed on him during load. Again, very strange because this should not ever be happening. There should not ever be overlapping restore point IDs.
Muutokset v1.7 Build 3 - v1.8 Build 1
- Moved the About notice and link to the program’s product web site to be sub-items of About.
- Added a notice to ask users to donate. Yes, this program will always remain free to use with absolutely no limitations to the use of the program but still donations are welcome. If you click “No” to the message asking you to donate you will never see the program ask again unless of course you uninstall and reinstall the program.
- Added more checks throughout the program for file existence.
- Custom colors for the bar color chooser on the View Disk Space window is now saved in the program’s user preferences, before this was not the case.
- Added a bunch of new descriptive icons throughout the program.
- Made it so that the “Delete All Restore Points” option under the utilities menu is hidden if the system is Windows XP.
- Moved the “Close after Restore Point is created” checkbox to the Program Options menu.
- Added a message box to the Delete All Restore Points function asking you if you really want to do that.
- Moved “Delete All Restore Points” and “Delete Old Restore Points” to be sub-items of “Delete Restore Points” in the Utilities drop-down menu.
- Put a notice of sorts into the textbox to type in a name for a restore point to type something in that box.
- Increased the default width of the main window to make things fit better.
- Made it so that the program displays a message while creating and deleting restore points and will notify you that things are being done in the background and that message will not go away until the process is complete. This is much like how the Windows native Restore Point UI works. This window has a four minute timeout to close the window by itself but ordinarily this event shouldn’t occur.
- Put some code into the program to write a “last run” file for scheduled tasks, this way you can determine when the last time the task was run.
- Fixed a possible regression in which scheduled restore points weren’t being created.
- Imported many of the constants from the SRClient.DLL file for improved error checking during the creation of restore points. Now you should get more meaningful error messages other than a success or a failure.
- Added additional user privilege checking at startup to make sure that the program is running with system Administrator privileges/rights.
- Some more debugging of task scheduler creation code is needed, some users have reported the task scheduler crashing on Windows 7 which I have throughly tested and have come up with nothing conclusive. I have put crash detection code into place to try and narrow down where the problem may be.
- Changed the way that crashes are caught when unhandled crashes occur in the proogram, this should make the program catch more unknown crashes.
- Windows XP will continue to be supported past the date of April 8th, 2014 but in an extremely limited capability. Scheduled tasks under Windows XP will be completely disabled and any existing scheduled tasks will be automatically deleted by the program. This is because debugging scheduled tasks on Windows XP is proving to be far more difficult than I initially thought it would be. Much of the code that I use to access the Windows Scheduler is provided by a DLL that was written for Window Vista or newer and getting it to work on Windows XP without major hacks is difficult.
- Added the ability to change the update channel from beta to stable for future testing.
- Fixed an issue in the Restore Point deletion function in which a malformed date string could crash the program, this has been fixed by storing the raw date data from the restore point sub-system in the program’s memory and using that instead of parsing what’s in the list of restore points.
- Included some fixes in other areas of the program to help prevent crashes while attempting to parse invalid data.
- Fixed several possible Null Reference Exceptions that may occur with the log file writing functions, ordinarily this shouldn’t happen at all but in those very rare occasions (less than .01%) a fix as been put into place.
- Build 2: Updated the embedded Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.dll that’s used by the program to access the Windows Scheduler.
Muutokset v1.7 Build 2 - v1.7 Build 3
- Fixed a possible issue that may occur if Windows 8 is upgraded to Windows 8.1. There is a possibility that a Registry setting that the program sets on Windows 8/8.1 to fix System Restore to make it function like it did in past versions of Windows was undone during the upgrade of Windows 8 to 8.1. There is a check for this now in the program and if it detects the change was undone, the program re-applies it. Thank Microsoft for this issue.
Muutokset v1.7 Build 1 - v1.7 Build 2
- Fixed a very embarrassing typo in the “System Restore Point Utilities” drop-down menu. “Deletes All Restore Points” should be “Delete All Restore Points”. Yeah, I’m embarrassed that that made it into the program. This is a minor update since no other thing was changed in the program.
Muutokset v1.6 Build 10 - v1.7 Build 1
- First build of version 1.7. Added the ability to delete all restore points that exist on the system (except for the newest). Added logging to the restore point deletion functions, before only the functions that deleted old restore points had logging enabled in them; now all deletion functions have logging enabled in it.
Muutokset v1.6 Build 9 - v1.6 Build 10
- Fixed an issue with the program’s embedded app manifest file.
Muutokset v1.6.8 Build 2266 - v1.6 Build 9
- Changed the way that the available disk space line is outputted on the Disk Space Usage window. The old display was confusing, the new display is similar to how the Restore Point Space is displayed.
Muutokset v1.6 Build 7 - v1.6 Build 8
- Fixed an issue in which the program would crash upon execution of the program when attempting to run it under a Standard User on Windows Vista or newer.
Muutokset v1.6 Build 6 - v1.6 Build 7
- Build 7 includes some more tweaks to the task creation code to set some task settings that may have contributed to tasks not running for some users.
Muutokset v1.6 Build 4 - v1.6 Build 6
- Includes enhanced update checking logic to include better support for minor updates. Included a possible fix for scheduled tasks in which tasks weren’t running correctly. More testing will need to be done though. There is a possibility that on certain systems the task would not run because the user that the task was scheduled to run as didn’t have a password. A workaround has been put into place to make the task run as the SYSTEM user. Fixed a typo in the code that may have prevented scheduled tasks from running properly.
Muutokset v1.6 Build 3 - v1.6 Build 4
- More user interface cleanups. About program message changed to include copyright line.
Muutokset v1.6 Build 2 - v1.6 Build 3
- Fixed more bugs in the routine that checks EXE paths for the “My Computer” right-click context menu entries. Only one person had this issue that I know of.
Muutokset v1.6 Build 1 - v1.6 Build 2
- Included windows service checking code into the Task Schedule part of this program to repair any possible Windows Task Scheduler Service issues. Some bugs have been been fixed in the program’s task scheduler in which the “Every” setting wasn’t being deleted when changing the task type from an “Every” to a Weekly type. Some bugs have been fixed in the invalid task fixer that’s run at startup of the program.
Muutokset v1.5 Build 8 - v1.6 Build 1
- This new build features a new, cleaner, more streamlined, and completely redesigned user interface. The most important functions for working with Restore Points are now front and center in the program. These functions include refreshing the list of restore points on the program’s window, deleting individual restore points, and restoring to a specified restore point. The bottom half of the program has been completely cleaned up, it’s no longer there. Functions like log file options, viewing disk space usage, managing restore point space, and scheduling restore points have all been moved to a drop-down menu at the top of the window. Program checkboxes like “Enable My Computer Right-Click Option”, logging deletions of restore points, automatically checking for updates, and confirming the deletion of restore points while manually deleting them from the list have all been moved to another drop-down menu at the top of the program’s window. All of these changes were done in an effort to help clean up and streamline the user interface and only put what you need readily available to you.
Muutokset v1.5 Build 7 - v1.5 Build 8
- Extra checks have been put into the program to check for invalid executable file paths in both the “My Computer” right-click context menu items and the scheduled tasks. An invalid executable file path could be caused by any number of things like moving the file or renaming the file and not updating the parts of the system that point to that moved or renamed file. Normally this should not happen but if the rare situation were to come up, the program has been instructed to repair the entries.
Muutokset v1.5 Build 5 - v1.5 Build 7
- Added the ability to create restore points from the “My Computer” right-click context menu. This is enabled via a checkbox on the main window of the program. This is an option for you to enable if you so wish to do so. I don’t enable it by default.
Muutokset v1.5 Build 4 - v1.5 Build 5
- Some code cleanups have been done as well that pertain to the changes that occurred in Build 5. Extra checks for data integrity have been included in the code that reads values from the Registry. Build 5 was more of a public beta than anything else, Build 6 wraps up the changes that happened in Build 5.
Muutokset v1.5 Build 3 - v1.5 Build 4
- Added a confirmation question to the “Clean Restore Point Deletion Log” button. Fixed some window titles that were not very well worded (bad grammar).
Muutokset v1.5 Build 1 - v1.5 Build 3
- Fixed a slight bug on the log file viewing window in which scrollbars didn’t appear when they should have. This was due to an inherent bug in the Microsoft .NET Rich Text Control itself and a workaround has been developed to get around the bug. Clarified some things regarding the impending April 8th, 2014 notice for Windows XP users.
Muutokset v1.4 Build 6 - v1.5 Build 1
- This build includes a massive amount of fixes throughout the entire program for Windows XP. All of my personal machines (including the machine I develop this program on) run Windows 7. I hardly ever use Windows XP for I personally have left it behind simply because of the age of the operating system. Most if not all of the new features that I’ve been making available in the program are completely broken on Windows XP because quite simply Windows XP doesn’t support them. Only Windows Vista and newer support these features. Had I known that the program had such issues on Windows XP I would’ve fixed them long ago. Anyways, all features that require Windows Vista and newer have been disabled on Windows XP which really doesn’t leave much of the program active. The parts of the program that were completely broken were the Disk Space Usage window (that had a major crash), the Manage System Restore Point Space function (again, completely unsupported on Windows XP which resulted in a crash), and all functionality to delete old restore points have been disabled on Windows XP because Windows XP doesn’t support deleting of restore points.
Muutokset v1.4 Build 5 - v1.4 Build 6
- Fixed deletions of old restore points by the scheduled tasks. The settings saved by the program weren’t getting carried over to the execution of the running task. This has been fixed by saving the required settings to the Windows Registry instead.
Muutokset v1.4 Build 4 - v1.4 Build 5
- Fixed a major issue on startup of the program. There was a Null Reference Exception during the start of the program in the part of the program that determines the associated file handler for Text Files. I use that to determine what program to open the “Delete Old Restore Points Log File” with and to determine what icon to associate with the open “Delete Old Restore Points Log File” button. The code that I was using before didn’t take into account bad or corrupted file associations. Normally, this shouldn’t EVER happen but in those very rare conditions the program was unable to cope with the issue. I have put code into place in which it handles bad or corrupted file associations by just simply using standard Windows Notepad if the issue occurs. Thanks go out to Asen Anastassov for working with me to solve the issue.
Muutokset v1.4 Build 1 - v1.4 Build 4
- Included a custom progress bar for use on the Disk Space Usage window that isn’t nearly as gaudy as the standard Windows progress bar is. You can also set the color of the progress bar to whatever color you want it to be and the program saves it as a preference. This is something that I’ve been wanting to do for quite awhile but haven’t been able to do so until now because I wanted to embed the DLL into the program’s EXE file instead of having to distribute another DLL and all of the baggage that comes with it. Embedded the Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler.dll into the program so the DLL is no longer required to be part of the distribution.
Muutokset v1.3 Build 27 - v1.4 Build 1
- Added additional code in key areas of the program to help prevent Null Reference Exceptions. Hopefully these new additions will put a stop to most if not all known Null Reference Exceptions. First version 1.4 build.
Muutokset v1.3 Build 26 - v1.3 Build 27
- Fixed some issues with the submission of crash data in which some of the data was being mangled. Made clear that pressing the button to “Show Crash Details” is also a way to submit crash details. Put in code to verify email address format so you can’t just put anything in the textbox, you must put a fully qualified email address. Changed the .NET Framework requirements from 4.0 Client Framework to full 4.0 Framework.
Muutokset v1.3 Build 25 - v1.3 Build 26
- The built-in crash detection and reporting routine has been enhanced to ask for details regarding the bug. It asks for things like what you were doing when the bug/crash occurred and an email address for me to contact you at.
Muutokset v1.3 Build 24 - v1.3 Build 25
- A built-in crash detection and reporting routine has been added to the program to help facilitate in the reporting of program bugs and crashes. If a program crash were to occur, the program has been instructed to submit the data to me via my web site.
Muutokset v1.3 Build 22 - v1.3 Build 24
- Hot the heels of Build 23, another bug has been fixed on the Manage System Restore Storage Space window. There’s a point where I destroyed an object properly and after which I should have exited the sub-routine but I had stated “Exit For” but I should have stated “Exit Sub” instead. This bug came about from the process of closing memory leaks in the program. Fixed a typo in the installer that stated that it was installing version 1.2 where it should have said that it’s installing version 1.3.